River wear 2021

WEB83

Reaction score
Fished BADAC water for a few hours this evening, as the river was falling. Not a touch or a sign of any fish yet. It was a beautiful evening however. Has anybody connected yet? Met a few longstanding members on the bank, who hadn’t caught anything yet this season either. Made me feel a little better!

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Fished BADAC water for a few hours this evening, as the river was falling. Not a touch or a sign of any fish yet. It was a beautiful evening however. Has anybody connected yet? Met a few longstanding members on the bank, who hadn’t caught anything yet this season either. Made me feel a little better!
Next flood (if there is one 😫)

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Decent lift on the prediction end of the week 🤞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210519-112029_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210519-112029_Chrome.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 52

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
New oracle 2 range maybe accidentally leaked by JN 🤔....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210519-125458_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210519-125458_Samsung Internet.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 52

WearFlyFisher

Reaction score
Oracle switch rods are good for the money, i have 2 and there nice to cast and plenty of backbone for hard fighting Salmon. will have to check out the Oracle 2 .
Yes I'm a fan of the Oracle. I use the 6/7 switch for my night night sea trouting. Casts a good line and has no problems handling anything hooked so far. Got it a few years ago in a John Norris sale at £49.99. My only slight niggle is the cork hasn't lasted as well as previous rods... but for £49 who cares.

astrofox

Reaction score
Yes I'm a fan of the Oracle. I use the 6/7 switch for my night night sea trouting. Casts a good line and has no problems handling anything hooked so far. Got it a few years ago in a John Norris sale at £49.99. My only slight niggle is the cork hasn't lasted as well as previous rods... but for £49 who cares.
Perfect with a Rio switch chucker line

X—rap

Reaction score
I also used the oracle switch last year and was very impressed but after playing and landing my biggest fish on the wear last year I decided I needed something with a bit more backbone so got the oracle scandi 13ft and I’m impressed so far ,just need a fish to break it in ,the switch just couldn’t deal with a big fish and prolonged the fight ( fish went back ok though )

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
I also used the oracle switch last year and was very impressed but after playing and landing my biggest fish on the wear last year I decided I needed something with a bit more backbone so got the oracle scandi 13ft and I’m impressed so far ,just need a fish to break it in ,the switch just couldn’t deal with a big fish and prolonged the fight ( fish went back ok though )
How big was the fish?

Scierra

Reaction score
Shakey, 6/7 & 7/8 switch rods are a bit under gunned for landing salmon 10/20 lbs ? they more suited for seatrout & grilse fishing ?
8/9 switch rods have a bit more backbone. but you might think you are under gunned with double figured fish ?

But there are many 12/13 ft double handers on the market only rated 8 ? I much prefer a 9 rated rods

astrofox

Reaction score
Nice, i also have the Oracle Skagit 13ft 9inch 9# and i agree with you, they are great rods.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Shakey, 6/7 & 7/8 switch rods are a bit under gunned for landing salmon 10/20 lbs ? they more suited for seatrout & grilse fishing ?
8/9 switch rods have a bit more backbone. but you might think you are under gunned with double figured fish ?

But there are many 12/13 ft double handers on the market only rated 8 ? I much prefer a 9 rated rods
I use a 12ft guideline 7/8 and it's great fun for big fish not so great fishing in heavy spate with a fast tip and copper tube where its just manages mind, a double daunt in the cast to reset the line is a must. Maybe an 8/9 would pick the line up better from deep with a tip