River wear 2021

FreeSpirit

Reaction score
Yeah but i don't want to join a club right now as there may be good free fishing that i can target this year instead. I just need to find out where the free fishing is and go down check it out.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Yeah seems like a reasonable price for the beats but i wonder, how many of the fish caught that far up river are fresh rather than coloured.
It's a lottery mate, just because you fishing lower beats does not guarantee clean fish, I had clean fish last season salmon and sea-trout, I only fish badac water

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
You had any out up badac yet this year?
No mate fished for salmon once, been night fishing a couple of times, seen a few fish last night but no takes. I had fresh hen fish late OCTOBER last year, in the same week a very coloured 14lbs+ seatrout.....lottery 👍

lax0341

Reaction score
Yeah seems like a reasonable price for the beats but i wonder, how many of the fish caught that far up river are fresh rather than coloured.
It depends much of the water height. You can catch fresh silvery salmon and seatrout as far up as Wolsingham, even Stanhope, if the conditions are right.

Chester

Reaction score
If we want free fishing try Durham. That stretch is as good as a lot of the clubs offer but it’s only a short beat. If you enjoy it you can then think about joining a club.
You’d be better off fishing for flatties around South Hylton

FreeSpirit

Reaction score
If we want free fishing try Durham. That stretch is as good as a lot of the clubs offer but it’s only a short beat. If you enjoy it you can then think about joining a club.
You’d be better off fishing for flatties around South Hylton
I hear a lot of snatching going on up there and spoiling it for everyone else. Apparently they are up there watching most evenings/nights aswell.

Bushwhacker

Reaction score
Anyone know if South Hylton through to Fatfield is all free fishing? and is this area any good for spinning for Salmon and Sea Trout?
I fished that stretch for years.It can be good for Seatrout ,but just an odd salmon.Fly and spin from 2 hours down from high water on small tides.Its best whe the river has been low for a few weeks and the fish numbers build up.Some colour in is always best in daylight,but thats very rare.
Night fishing can be really good.Coxgreen down stream is free.But its a canny hike from either way.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
I fished that stretch for years.It can be good for Seatrout ,but just an odd salmon.Fly and spin from 2 hours down from high water on small tides.Its best whe the river has been low for a few weeks and the fish numbers build up.Some colour in is always best in daylight,but thats very rare.
Night fishing can be really good.Coxgreen down stream is free.But its a canny hike from either way.
You been getting out dave? Seen much

FreeSpirit

Reaction score
Thanks, sounds great! I'll have to get down and have a look soon

Auldghillie

Reaction score
Sorry, replied to wrong post. Do you mean start 2 hrs after high tide please ?