River wear 2021

X—rap

Reaction score
Apparently snatching doesn’t happen now 🤔🤔 I heard from 3 sources that there was at least 5 people snatching on Sunday and getting fish ,people who do that are only there for the money and care nothing about the river and fish stocks ,let’s hope the EA see these posts and make theyre presence felt .

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Apparently snatching doesn’t happen now 🤔🤔 I heard from 3 sources that there was at least 5 people snatching on Sunday and getting fish ,people who do that are only there for the money and care nothing about the river and fish stocks ,let’s hope the EA see these posts and make theyre presence felt .
Agreed, happens everywhere not just the said place. Such a shame 😞

GOD

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210512-213912_Facebook.jpg
you think this will affect the free stretch once they have control of the land?

greenlaner2009

Reaction score

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
View attachment 61097
you think this will affect the free stretch once they have control of the land?
If anybody is unhappy with the plans you could contact the commons commissioner on 01173726210 they were very helpful to me in proving that land and the river banks belongs to the people. On a side note it was great to see the far left Labour Council loose overall control last week in the local elections.

Walleye

Reaction score
If anybody is unhappy with the plans you could contact the commons commissioner on 01173726210 they were very helpful to me in proving that land and the river banks belongs to the people. On a side note it was great to see the far left Labour Council loose overall control last week in the local elections.
You did a good job on that one....but what is it that belongs to the people? The fishing rights on the common land or the land itself?

So who owns the land now the council have built offices there and that bit is no longer common land? And if there has been a change of ownership, who now owns the fishing rights alongside the new offices?

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
The land and the banks belong to the people. I believe if research was done we would find the old car park was built without the correct legal process being followed, I think that is why the council had to designate a meadow they owned near framwellgate as common land to even things up, this I believe was forced on them by the commons commissioner.

Auldghillie

Reaction score
You did a good job on that one....but what is it that belongs to the people? The fishing rights on the common land or the land itself?

So who owns the land now the council have built offices there and that bit is no longer common land? And if there has been a change of ownership, who now owns the fishing rights alongside the new offices?
Call the Land Registry with an OS ref point or field number asking for the registered proprietor. Councils dine out on stolen common land but it can be registered to prevent this. AG

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
Call the Land Registry with an OS ref point or field number asking for the registered proprietor. Councils dine out on stolen common land but it can be registered to prevent this. AG
It's registered or they would not be trying to unregister it

Lynnzer

Reaction score
Keep on top of it Greenlaner. That land must be worth a huge amount of money if no longer common land...it's like you are out in the country just 2 minutes walk from the city centre and 5 minutes walk from a world heritage site.
It'll be filled with hotels or expensive riverside houses in no time at all.

MattJ

Reaction score
I'm a new member of BADAC and was down today mid-afternoon. Mayfly hatch saw lots of small browns rising and gorging but no sign of anything else

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
I find this post a little odd, you normally change your username to Witton rod when your complaining about Durham.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
I find this post a little odd, you normally change your username to Witton rod when your complaining about Durham.
Durham gets a bit unfair criticism, yes it happens. But it also happens right up the river from tidal,middle wear, to dale. All we can do is report it and hope the correct authorities take appropriate action

FreeSpirit

Reaction score
Anyone know if South Hylton through to Fatfield is all free fishing? and is this area any good for spinning for Salmon and Sea Trout?