River wear 2021

Rob heale

Reaction score
I’ll see what happens this year but I was thinking of joining bishop as well or is there any other clubs you’d recommend I know felling fly fishers have some good water further down strewn but not sure if there’s a waiting list

Frenchman

Reaction score
Anyone know where the part of the wear is where that bloke caught that salmon in march he has a big wall to the left of him and I think it's a caravan site to the right its posted on you tube looks a cracking bit of fly water

D

Deleted member 21851

Anyone know where the part of the wear is where that bloke caught that salmon in march he has a big wall to the left of him and I think it's a caravan site to the right its posted on you tube looks a cracking bit of fly water
Free stretch. Have a walk down and you'll see the wall no problem.

Bushwhacker

Reaction score
I’ll see what happens this year but I was thinking of joining bishop as well or is there any other clubs you’d recommend I know felling fly fishers have some good water further down strewn but not sure if there’s a waiting list
Only join Felling if you like long walks to fish small bits of pools that are hard to fly fish.
Oh!,and watch out for the unwritten club rules they have about putting pics of fish on here.

WEB83

Reaction score
Fished for 4-hours at Vinovium and by the sewage works yesterday. Not a touch or a sign of any fish. Has anybody landed anything on BADAC waters yet?

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Fished for 4-hours at Vinovium and by the sewage works yesterday. Not a touch or a sign of any fish. Has anybody landed anything on BADAC waters yet?
Not heard anything as yet, keep plugging away in good heights of water and you'll get youre reward soon enough 👍

Stoatstail1967

Reaction score
I assume it was you I met in the car park then 👍
Nice to meet you, enjoyed the chat.
Hopefully catch up with you again in the near future.
I had a decent fish swirl at the fly second cast, just a good sized brownie I think. Nothing touched or seen after that.

Sperlash

Reaction score
Good news and bad news Heard of fish caught at durham free stretch over the weekend ,Seen a picture of a lovely fresh Sea trout caugt on the fly but also first hand reports of another half a dozen caught snatching.These could be salmon or sea trout but whichever when is this abuse going to be stamped out.Pisses me right off!!!

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Good news and bad news Heard of fish caught at durham free stretch over the weekend ,Seen a picture of a lovely fresh Sea trout caugt on the fly but also first hand reports of another half a dozen caught snatching.These could be salmon or sea trout but whichever when is this abuse going to be stamped out.Pisses me right off!!!
Agreed, minority ruining it for the majority 🤬

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
Does first hand report mean you know who it was supposed to be. I also heard that rumour but I find it a little hard to believe, I have spent a few hours down there Saturday and Sunday and have not seen a single fish show.

WEB83

Reaction score
I assume it was you I met in the car park then 👍
Nice to meet you, enjoyed the chat.
Hopefully catch up with you again in the near future.
I had a decent fish swirl at the fly second cast, just a good sized brownie I think. Nothing touched or seen after that.
Hello, yes that was me. Good to meet you too and I enjoyed the chat also. Tight lines 👍🏻

davidelemes888.

Reaction score
Does first hand report mean you know who it was supposed to be. I also heard that rumour but I find it a little hard to believe, I have spent a few hours down there Saturday and Sunday and have not seen a single fish show.
Id have to see the snatching reports in the local paper before id believe it. Rumours spread could just lead to restrictions placed on the water. like corbridge

Lynnzer

Reaction score
It's just that fish seem to be a bit thin on the ground at present. Certainly not enough numbers yet to warrant the risk of being caught snatching. The risk does not equal the reward.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
It's just that fish seem to be a bit thin on the ground at present. Certainly not enough numbers yet to warrant the risk of being caught snatching. The risk does not equal the reward.
But the fish that are there are the best fish of the season fresh clean etc, snatching is just low life scum who can't use a rod and line, people who don't give a **** about the river/stocks/welfare.....

lax0341

Reaction score
Where are the EA bailiffs then ? Only checking the licenses??
On my home river for big fish hunting ( zander, catfish, pike etc. ) there is the water police patrolling 24/7.
In the summertime last year my fishing pal and me have been checked 2.30am once night.