River wear 2021

lax0341

Reaction score
Aye that,s the viaduct.There,s some nice pools above that on the Grange stretch which Felling fly fishers now have.The shallow runs just below it are good for Seatrout at night.
Are there any good stretches for lower or low water on the Wear between Durham and the rivermouth?
In my experience the stretches above the weir in Durham all need a good bit of water, some a decent amount of it.

GOD

Reaction score
had an hour down durham last week with my 1st salmon fly rod. 12'9 shakey oracle scandi with a john norris line to match which was 18 quid in the sale. only started with the fly last year on borrowed gear and this casts a dream, effortless. was well impressed, especially the line for the price.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
had an hour down durham last week with my 1st salmon fly rod. 12'9 shakey oracle scandi with a john norris line to match which was 18 quid in the sale. only started with the fly last year on borrowed gear and this casts a dream, effortless. was well impressed, especially the line for the price.
The fish will follow mate 👍🎣

Bushwhacker

Reaction score
Are there any good stretches for lower or low water on the Wear between Durham and the rivermouth?
In my experience the stretches above the weir in Durham all need a good bit of water, some a decent amount of it.
Chester water is your best bet.Some good low water pools down there.But you might have to queue to get in them when there,s fish in.I think they have dropped the price of their subs this year as well.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Seeing posts of spring fish from various rivers around Scotland, there seems to be alot of small fish so far. Apart from a few off the thurso I haven't seen anything very special upto now, should we/they be worried ?

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
The beautiful river wear, can anyone guess where this is.......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210317-111016_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210317-111016_Gallery.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 136

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Lewis is that backpack totally waterproof, I fancy something similar
No graham not as it is there, but it has a hidden waterproof cover what is underneath what just pulls over, they do a roll top bag but it's a bit more expensive, the cover works well and keeps things fully dry

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210318-074036_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210318-074036_Gallery.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 83

Bushwhacker

Reaction score
Well that,s me off the mark with a cracking fresh fish this morning.
I had already fished the pool once and was sitting on the bench debating whether to go home.
Glad i gave it a second go.No pics but i have a vid uploading to youtube at the minute.
I,l put it up when its uploaded.Which if my others are owt to go by will around 9 the neet as it takes bloody ages.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Well that,s me off the mark with a cracking fresh fish this morning.
I had already fished the pool once and was sitting on the bench debating whether to go home.
Glad i gave it a second go.No pics but i have a vid uploading to youtube at the minute.
I,l put it up when its uploaded.Which if my others are owt to go by will around 9 the neet as it takes bloody ages.
Well done dave congrats 👍🎣

Last edited: