River Wear 2020

big albert

Reaction score
Nail on the head for me even though I live on the upper river if I fancy a days fishing I go down Durham for that reason each to there own . I fish all year and what annoys me is that the cowboys come out of the closets every October just purely to throw lumps of metal over the reds and kill every fish they catch pure knuckle dragging Neanderthal’s
Well the story about freezer vans was fabricated rubbish. poachers caught in becks by satley back tow law with lamps gaffs. Wolsingham so other places like bed burn gaunless would be targeted .When you think of the odds of touching a fish in such a wide area pretty remote as for filling a van.
One arrested and two at large after suspected fish poaching ...www.thenorthernecho.co.uk › news › 15680100.one-ar...

Kaney

Reaction score
Well the story about freezer vans was fabricated rubbish. poachers caught in becks by satley back tow law with lamps gaffs. Wolsingham so other places like bed burn gaunless would be targeted .When you think of the odds of touching a fish in such a wide area pretty remote as for filling a van.
One arrested and two at large after suspected fish poaching ...www.thenorthernecho.co.uk › news › 15680100.one-ar...
Once they’re up the becks they’re most vulnerable I remember that Wolsingham one do you know what the outcome was was it just a fine ?

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
Nail on the head for me even though I live on the upper river if I fancy a days fishing I go down Durham for that reason each to there own . I fish all year and what annoys me is that the cowboys come out of the closets every October just purely to throw lumps of metal over the reds and kill every fish they catch pure knuckle dragging Neanderthal’s
Where do you fish in the durham area Kaney.

big albert

Reaction score
Once they’re up the becks they’re most vulnerable I remember that Wolsingham one do you know what the outcome was was it just a fine ?
To be fair they always just get a fine in Scotland they take your car. once pulling in a lay-by near Lockerbie dawn getting the gear out the car here's 2 4x4s load of men jumped out thought it was a police raid they checked our permits we were ok.Its those who use nets and do it regular want catching.

big albert

Reaction score
TWO men have been fined for poaching after being caught fishing using illegal nets and torches.
The pair were each given a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £420 in costs after being caught by Environment Agency officers on the River Browney at West Butsfield, near Consett.
Ian David Cook, 38, of The Grove, Consett, and Michael Fullerton, 22, of Surrey Crescent, also in Consett, pleaded guilty at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates’ Court.
Magistrates heard that during an evening patrol in November 2016, officers saw Cook and Fullerton shining torches into the river, an important waterway for migratory fish, especially sea trout.
Recent improvements have seen fish numbers increase, but stocks remain low and vulnerable.

lax0341

Reaction score
Imo the fishing for migratory fish on the wear should finish at the end of September,
Years ago we used to get a autumn run where you could still catch clean fish in October,
Sadly those days ended years ago, There has been plenty fish caught in the last couple of weeks,
due to the water height, one beat has had 3/4 of the seasons total in a fortnight, come on lads, its about time to stop! if we want our river to recover,
it starts with us, we are slagging the blokes at Frosterly for killing them, but can we justify catching the same condition fish for sport?
I‘ve caught clean fish in October last year and the year before. There is still a run of clean fish in the end of the season.