River Wear 2020

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
Surely the EA have as much evidence they need with that picture to prosecute,
I thought it was illegal to take gravid fish
Unfortunately a gravid fish is defined by if you apply gentle pressure to the fish it will spill milt or eggs, neither of them fish would do that, the best thing we could do to protect these fish is to close the angling season at the end of september.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Any of you lads fish the wear with a guideline lpxe? Thinking about upgrading and really fancy the look of the 12ft 8/9 lpxe for next season.. cheers ?

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Must admit I’ve been watching John Norris for his”Ex Demo” for a new 13’ 8/9 weight
Yeah definitely worth keeping an eye on pal. My current rod (7/8) is ever so slightly overloaded with a scandi short #8. The lpxe in 12ft 8/9 will have plenty of give each way for the line and should be absolutely perfect. Extra weights will help me fish slightly bigger tubes in spate and have a lot more control when fishing fast tips.

Isisalar

Reaction score
Yeah definitely worth keeping an eye on pal. My current rod (7/8) is ever so slightly overloaded with a scandi short #8. The lpxe in 12ft 8/9 will have plenty of give each way for the line and should be absolutely perfect. Extra weights will help me fish slightly bigger tubes in spate and have a lot more control when fishing fast tips.
Don't know if you saw an earlier post I made but John Norris will be exclusively selling a range of Guideline rods in the near future called Reacher. Think that they said there would be double handers and switch rods in the range. They'll be doing a similar rod/reel /line deal as on the Stoked range.
Worth giving them a call. Can't see them missing out on the Christmas market.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Don't know if you saw an earlier post I made but John Norris will be exclusively selling a range of Guideline rods in the near future called Reacher. Think that they said there would be double handers and switch rods in the range. They'll be doing a similar rod/reel /line deal as on the Stoked range.
Worth giving them a call. Can't see them missing out on the Christmas market.
Do love my guideline tackle will certainly keep an eye out thanks mate ?

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
Few fish taken in last week but heavily rodded as well.Had a picture sent last night with two lads Proudly holding two gravid fish one a salmon and the other a double figured sea trout at either frosterley or stanhope they were so gravid it would poison a dog Im sure if the EA got hold of the pictures they would prosecute and for that reason I wont put it up as hopefully the lads will get a talking to from the associated club rather than a summons!!!
Few fish taken in the last week, Im hearing of a fair amount of fish caught i have heard of lads getting 6 and 7 a day fishing below Bedburn beck. I heard you had a few apparently you had two 20lb fish one day. A pal of mine had 9 fish and lost another 4 yesterday up Stanhope.

C

cgaines10

It really is worrying to see such blatant ignorance.

I watched it back and you could hear the guy with the rod wanting to put it back. Then the cowboy putting pressure on him to kill it, shameful.

I can only think they do it as some sort of trophy kill?

The club wants to be ashamed of themselves & their members conduct.