River Wear 2020

C

cgaines10

643 through the counters

Very low indeed compared to Septembers average of 2715. Certainly fish will have gone over uncounted, but nearly 2000 worth?

I know decent numbers have been caught up river, but haven't heard much coming off downstream?

Sperlash

Reaction score
Few fish taken in last week but heavily rodded as well.Had a picture sent last night with two lads Proudly holding two gravid fish one a salmon and the other a double figured sea trout at either frosterley or stanhope they were so gravid it would poison a dog Im sure if the EA got hold of the pictures they would prosecute and for that reason I wont put it up as hopefully the lads will get a talking to from the associated club rather than a summons!!!

Kaney

Reaction score
Few fish taken in last week but heavily rodded as well.Had a picture sent last night with two lads Proudly holding two gravid fish one a salmon and the other a double figured sea trout at either frosterley or stanhope they were so gravid it would poison a dog Im sure if the EA got hold of the pictures they would prosecute and for that reason I wont put it up as hopefully the lads will get a talking to from the associated club rather than a summons!!!
Just put it up I spoke to the lad concerned not 2 f#@£s given quite the opposite

Kaney

Reaction score
Very low indeed compared to Septembers average of 2715. Certainly fish will have gone over uncounted, but nearly 2000 worth?

I know decent numbers have been caught up river, but haven't heard much coming off downstream?
Had a clean grilse at Willington this morning Chris but it was the only fish I seen just glad it stuck on ive dropped more than my fair share

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Couldnt believe it when he accused me of being jealous couldn’t get a more childish obvious response ?
Haha crazy mate. Surely they could of used there common sense and seen they nee good for out, well obviously got nee common sense. Like I've said in previous posts I've got nothing against anybody taking any fish they want they pay there money and can do what they please but all hen fish and coloured fish should be returned straight away its absolutely crazy the smiles on there face as if its a good thing. Why not take a silver 3lbs sea trout in june/July like normal people would and make a meal from it

Kaney

Reaction score
Haha crazy mate. Surely they could of used there common sense and seen they nee good for out, well obviously got nee common sense. Like I've said in previous posts I've got nothing against anybody taking any fish they want they pay there money and can do what they please but all hen fish and coloured fish should be returned straight away its absolutely crazy the smiles on there face as if its a good thing. Why not take a silver 3lbs sea trout in june/July like normal people would and make a meal from it
That’s exactly what I said to him I’ve nothing against one for the pot I don’t personally as fish levels aren’t brilliant but ffs it’s not just a one off for some people and too many turn a blind eye I know others who are just as bad and it doesn’t take to many to cause real damage to fish numbers when their so few . Both multi sea fish their the ones you want covering the reds not grilse if you’re going to take one take them

Sperlash

Reaction score
Absolutely brain dead the pair of them. Those fish have gone through their whole lives free from predators then get chapped on the head when they're that colour at their spawning grounds by Laurel & Hardy, shame on them.
As I said before return all fish from september onwards.Giving people the option only leads to whats happened here.I mentioned previously about another lad bragging him and his brother caught 60 in a season [spawning ground area].When asked if returned i was told not to be stupid as if he didnt take them someone else would......We have no tide liced autumn run anymore so let us as sensible anglers protect the stocks,just listened to a podcast about the clyde and solway cod fisheries been wiped out by killing the breeders we are on course if were not carefull, The angler being interviewed still is the record shore caught cod holder and said QUOTE that he regretted his ways of killing but unfortunately too late and gone forever.

Last edited:
C

cgaines10

As I said before return all fish from september onwards.Giving people the option only leads to whats happened here.I mentioned previously about another lad bragging him and his brother caught 60 in a season [spawning ground area].When asked if returned i was told not to be stupid as if he didnt take them someone else would......We have no tide liced autumn run anymore so let us as sensible anglers protect the stocks,just listened to a podcast about the clyde and solway cod fisheries been wiped out by killing the breeders we are on course if were not carefull, The angler being interviewed still is the record shore caught cod holder and said QUOTE that he regretted his ways of killing but unfortunately too late and gone forever.

Yes I agree more clubs should take ownership & implement such controls. I can only guess they're scared to carry out such changes. I've heard certain clubs use a tagging system which seems like a good way to operate. I can only foresee stricter controls will be enforced by the EA anyway.