River Wear 2020

Walleye

Reaction score
Caught this one last night on a surface lure. It went mental after I hooked it near the far bank, beached itself on a gravel bank below me on my bank then ran like a maniac up above me into a deep hole. Took some landing, about 8 lb I reckon.
Screenshot_20200911-191611.jpg

Walleye

Reaction score
Cracking fish John. Well done and hope you get a few more. Cant get out fishing myself as i'm on my hols.
Plenty about Dave. Actually hoping for not much rain for a week or two and the river will be in fine fettle for night fishing. Saw a huge fish jump the night before.

Dingle333

Reaction score
I have a 12’ 6” 7/8 weight Vision Mag for sale as I’ve too many rods and just don’t use it anymore I’m up Frosterley if your looking for a rod drop us a message
Evening Kaney I have just realised that I have bid on your rod on ebay and winning at present if I do not win do you have any other salmon fly rods for sale.

Kind regards
Ian

Kaney

Reaction score
Evening Kaney I have just realised that I have bid on your rod on ebay and winning at present if I do not win do you have any other salmon fly rods for sale.

Kind regards
Ian
No that’s it I’m afraid been TOLD to behave on how many rods I’ve got ?

Saint Andrews

Reaction score
Caught this one last night on a surface lure. It went mental after I hooked it near the far bank, beached itself on a gravel bank below me on my bank then ran like a maniac up above me into a deep hole. Took some landing, about 8 lb I reckon.View attachment 49888
Cracker that well done, bet it lead you on a merry dance!

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Thank you. I better get tying!
I just popped over to Binchester and fished for a few hours in the darkness. There were a lot of fishing jumping and rolling on the surface. I even managed a little sea trout. I was quite pleased as it’s the first time I’ve fished for sea trout.
June and July is best for sea-trout but you will still get a few.. last time out a big fish jumped right next to me and bloody soaked me haha only been a couple of times at night (little girl + working shifts) going to try alot more of it next season hopefully. Well done on the fish mate ??

WEB83

Reaction score
June and July is best for sea-trout but you will still get a few.. last time out a big fish jumped right next to me and bloody soaked me haha only been a couple of times at night (little girl + working shifts) going to try alot more of it next season hopefully. Well done on the fish mate ??
As soon as the sun started to set the river came to life. It was lovely to see.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
As soon as the sun started to set the river came to life. It was lovely to see.
Yeah its really magic mate isn't it. Its some river for them sea-trout when the lights go out seen some absolute bars of silver jump out so close you can touch them haha

Sperlash

Reaction score
Has anyone got a table of the wear fish counts going back to 1990 when it started as I cant seem to find it anymore.Looking at felling fly fishers page it would appear to be the worst may /June /july since 2007 on record.Considering virtually no netting this year pretty worrying

Walleye

Reaction score
Has anyone got a table of the wear fish counts going back to 1990 when it started as I cant seem to find it anymore.Looking at felling fly fishers page it would appear to be the worst may /June /july since 2007 on record.Considering virtually no netting this year pretty worrying

The data from the early 90's is on the sheet "monthly counts combined".

Walleye

Reaction score
Thanks for that link but wont open for me ,Could someone put a screenshot up please.
It's an Excel spreadsheet so should open easily. Are you using your phone? There are hundreds of free office reader apps out there.

Dingle333

Reaction score
No that’s it I’m afraid been TOLD to behave on how many rods I’ve got ?
So is this rod ok for fishing the wear at Eastgate just been using my reservoir rod but need something with a bit more back bone. I have been outbid on eBay at present on this.

GOD

Reaction score
the pool i like fishing has an otter living there, when fishing at night it comes pretty close and puts the shits up me, and the fish. they start jumping all over the place

Kaney

Reaction score
So is this rod ok for fishing the wear at Eastgate just been using my reservoir rod but need something with a bit more back bone. I have been outbid on eBay at present on this.
I would just use a Shakespeare oracle switch 8/9 weight with a 9 weight forty plus extreme line or something similar ?No need for anything bigger are you a member of Willington to

Kaney

Reaction score
the pool i like fishing has an otter living there, when fishing at night it comes pretty close and puts the shits up me, and the fish. they start jumping all over the place
Was fishing early morning by jubilee bridge and an ? was six feet away ratching around the reeds where the waterworks enters was magical only a few minutes before he/she noticed me but I could have seriously touched it it was that close

GOD

Reaction score
Was fishing early morning by jubilee bridge and an ? was six feet away ratching around the reeds where the waterworks enters was magical only a few minutes before he/she noticed me but I could have seriously touched it it was that close
i wouldnt mind during day but wading at night and you see that head coming past then disappear under the water lol. if a fish swam into my leg i think i would fill me waders