River Wear 2020

Mark-ne

Reaction score
After I spoke to you I had a bloody seal sneak up behind me in a hissing bow wave. Gave me a right shock - ended up in my @rse in the river and off home to change my kecks!
That's got tears rolling down my cheeks, if the wind drops I might have a few hours tomorrow evening

Walleye

Reaction score
Noted for its sea trout fishing , farm pool and long pool
Yep, quite popular. Last time I was down there, there was a queue. I don't know the name of the pool but I think it was the most downstream pool on that beat, a vee glide between two long pools. Classic Wear sea trout spot.

WEB83

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I’ve recently moved to Eppleby which is between Piercebridge and Richmond. Are there any clubs that I’d be eligible to join on the River Wear?

Walleye

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I’ve recently moved to Eppleby which is between Piercebridge and Richmond. Are there any clubs that I’d be eligible to join on the River Wear?
Pretty much all of them. A few of the upper river clubs are locals only but the rest are fine. There's also a few syndicates if they have places.
Search for my posts early in this thread and early in last year's thread where I give a list of clubs on the Wear. It's not exhaustive but will hopefully be useful for you.

WEB83

Reaction score
Pretty much all of them. A few of the upper river clubs are locals only but the rest are fine. There's also a few syndicates if they have places.
Search for my posts early in this thread and early in last year's thread where I give a list of clubs on the Wear. It's not exhaustive but will hopefully be useful for you.
Thank you very much. Best wishes, Will.

Dalnashaugh

Reaction score
If you're at all interested in the Tees, have a look at www.stocktonangling.co.uk. They currently have a few vacancies in the A section which would entitle you to fish their waters at Winston/Gainford as well as 3 miles of right bank downstream from the road bridge at Piercebridge ( owned by Association of Teesside and District Angling Clubs of which Stockton AL is a founder member ). As an added bonus, once you're a member, your spouse and any children under 16 can fish on your permit for a nominal consideration.

Geoff

WEB83

Reaction score
If you're at all interested in the Tees, have a look at www.stocktonangling.co.uk. They currently have a few vacancies in the A section which would entitle you to fish their waters at Winston/Gainford as well as 3 miles of right bank downstream from the road bridge at Piercebridge ( owned by Association of Teesside and District Angling Clubs of which Stockton AL is a founder member ). As an added bonus, once you're a member, your spouse and any children under 16 can fish on your permit for a nominal consideration.

Geoff
Many thanks, Geoff. Best wishes, Will.

big albert

Reaction score

Geoff
Stockton you normally have to join allows you to fish piers bridge area the next year lets you into Gainford Winston I was in for a few year was fantastic brown trout fishing

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpeg
    IMG_0463.jpeg
    699.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0489.jpeg
    IMG_0489.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 53

Whenty1

Reaction score
Ahh Eppleby great little village , lived there for about 25 years , as well as the tees and wear also the swale is good to , some nice fish to be had there if you know where to look although people keep it very quiet and most of the time try to pretend no salmon or sea trout ever run it costs practically nothing

WEB83

Reaction score
Stockton you normally have to join allows you to fish piers bridge area the next year lets you into Gainford Winston I was in for a few year was fantastic brown trout fishing
Many thanks. Best wishes, Will.

WEB83

Reaction score
Ahh Eppleby great little village , lived there for about 25 years , as well as the tees and wear also the swale is good to , some nice fish to be had there if you know where to look although people keep it very quiet and most of the time try to pretend no salmon or sea trout ever run it costs practically nothing
Many thanks. Best wishes, Will.

GOD

Reaction score
been watching some slabs just infront of radisson hotel under walk bridge, 3 kids spinning on free stretch ?

GOD

Reaction score
because the waters 5 inches deep and they trying to snatch them. is that any good for ye?

Jp12345

Reaction score
because the waters 5 inches deep and they trying to snatch them. is that any good for ye?

You said 3 kids were spinning which in these conditions wouldn’t be an issue as they wouldn’t catch anything anyway. You said nothing about trying to snatch them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOD

Reaction score
i wouldnt call spinning in a few inches of water anything else, especially in a stretch where the fish are stuck

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
How do you know they are trying to snatch them, plenty people spin the mepp in low water, And how are the fish stuck, i think if you remember this date and check the counter figures fish will be running the new pass every night.

GOD

Reaction score
crack on graham, thought u wud no the crack. casting over dorsel fins sticking out the water, fishing? giv ower

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
crack on graham, thought u wud no the crack. casting over dorsel fins sticking out the water, fishing? giv ower
Whats with the giv ower attitude Nev, why not try answer the questions put to you. As a kid if you saw fish would you of cast at them, i no i would of.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Pleased its cooled down abit them river temps must of been like bath water not good for the fish at all lets hope for some good rain so we can get at them salmo's