River Wear 2020

x-rap

Reaction score
After I spoke to you I had a bloody seal sneak up behind me in a hissing now wave. Gave me a right shock - ended up in my @rse in the river and off home to change my kecks!
Probably same seal chased my hooked fish all over the pool a couple of nights ago, it never caught hold of it but I think it had a narrow escape. 😂

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
After all the talk yesterday about snake lures, I tied one up for last night. First run down I was hit by a fish that then gave me 5 minutes of acrobatics before coming off.
Fair play to the fish but this was what was left of the fly! Definitely have to knock some more up, with thoughts on how to make them more robust....!
View attachment 48126
Try using 30-50lb Braid, double it up if u want. A thin Zonker strip down the length
works well. Tie the strip in at front & back of both hook shanks & leave a bit of slack in the strip.

My ST snakes used to look like that after a single fish, then I saw the above method used on a reservoir snakes somebody showed me. I tied one up using the method above and it was still going strong after 20 fish on Draycote. TBH, not sure the body is even needed.

Here’s one with 20lb braid just starting to go

ADF1A7A2-03BF-4FE2-A00C-6EC6705B15E0.jpeg

Chester

Reaction score
Probably same seal chased my hooked fish all over the pool a couple of nights ago, it never caught hold of it but I think it had a narrow escape. 😂
There’s not much that goes bump in the night that bothers me these days but that definitely got the heart going!
Worst of all, there were a few fish starting to show and I had that ‘here we go feeling’. That was knackered by the seal and me thrashing about like a stuck pig!

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
A little change from the wear today, fished the north tyne for the first time at bellingham with a couple lads, had a wee brown trout
ĺsaw a couple of salmon and a sea trout but no takers for us. Still a nice beat to try out for Steady money

Reaction score
Me being an OAP its only £45 its the only club as far as i know offers this reduction it seems if there mainly a game fishing club its not an option.
Wilkie,
If that's the case it must be a regional thing.
I'm based in Cumbria and all the clubs I've been a member of offer reduced rates for pensioners. All which have been game fishing clubs.
Steve

Walleye

Reaction score
Yes, Fishery: Ferryham (Viaduct) approx. 250m

Ferryham (River Wear & River Browney) approx. 3200m
Thanks. Does ferryham only go down to the confluence of the browney? Does ferryhill still have the stretch below the browney down to the woods?