River Tyne 2021

viking boy

Reaction score
Morning All,

Would welcome some local knowledge if possible.

I have the option to fish on Thursday of this week, although I note there’s heavy rain forecast on Wednesday until 19:00 in the N Tyne catchment; Kielder release should be 9 cumecs. What sort of levels am I likely to be faced with on the N Tyne Thursday morning? Will it be a big water?

I’m based in Stamford in Lincolnshire so it’s a good three and a half hours in the car; would like to know it’s worth it before I set off!

Many thanks in advance,

Josh

Sim

Reaction score
Morning All,

Would welcome some local knowledge if possible.

I have the option to fish on Thursday of this week, although I note there’s heavy rain forecast on Wednesday until 19:00 in the N Tyne catchment; Kielder release should be 9 cumecs. What sort of levels am I likely to be faced with on the N Tyne Thursday morning? Will it be a big water?

I’m based in Stamford in Lincolnshire so it’s a good three and a half hours in the car; would like to know it’s worth it before I set off!

Many thanks in advance,

Josh
Josh,

I had a very similar forecast 3 weeks ago - the river went up by about 3 foot in an hour and was unfishable - I drove back to Stamford to pick my kids up from school.

The forecasts up there can be inaccurate, but if that one is right, you would be better off on the Welland.

Cheers

Sim

viking boy

Reaction score
Josh,

I had a very similar forecast 3 weeks ago - the river went up by about 3 foot in an hour and was unfishable - I drove back to Stamford to pick my kids up from school.

The forecasts up there can be inaccurate, but if that one is right, you would be better off on the Welland.

Cheers

Sim
Thanks Sim.

I think I already knew the answer to the question to be honest! I just wanted there to be hope as my opportunities to get on the river are few and far between.

I’ll keep an eye on the weather as it seems to change by the hour. Maybe I’ll be lucky!

Thanks again,

Josh

Daventus

Reaction score
Thanks Sim.

I think I already knew the answer to the question to be honest! I just wanted there to be hope as my opportunities to get on the river are few and far between.

I’ll keep an eye on the weather as it seems to change by the hour. Maybe I’ll be lucky!

It depends where your fishing,At the moment it’s very quiet nothing like it should be,very few fish and black as coal.Stay at home is my advice.

Thanks again,

Josh

Nath

Reaction score
We all done then lads and lasses? out of our hands maybe I know…

my catches are under half what I would expect, we all the same?

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Worse than half for me given the effort, but I feel lucky to have had one in the net this year.

No water forever and when the water did come I think the fish that were around were just razzed off with the whole affair.

Dissapointed I didn’t connect on that 2nd rise at the beginning of Oct, perfect water and I was fishing like a hero. 😂

Roll on next season!

Daventus

Reaction score
We all done then lads and lasses? out of our hands maybe I know…

my catches are under half what I would expect, we all the same?
Only fished 6 times due to conditions that it was going to be a blank year but managed this little in today before water started to colour up first pull of the year,normally I would expect to have had 5 or 6 and about the same for seatrout

Attachments

• F282C78E-CDD8-4951-BD9F-4746C77B286E.jpeg
    F282C78E-CDD8-4951-BD9F-4746C77B286E.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 59

Nath

Reaction score
Only fished 6 times due to conditions that it was going to be a blank year but managed this little in today before water started to colour up first pull of the year,normally I would expect to have had 5 or 6 and about the same for seatrout
Glad you got one, well done!!