River Tyne 2021

Nath

Reaction score
For once the forecast does not seem to have changed, it looks set on!

Mattytree

Reaction score
dunno what's going on but the release is not 3.5.... it is like they anticipated the rain that didn't really come and turned it off altogether !

NEbody

Reaction score
dunno what's going on but the release is not 3.5.... it is like they anticipated the rain that didn't really come and turned it off altogether !
1632775653186.png

looks like they’ve had difficulty getting it right today but it’s somewhere close to 3.5 now. The South seems to have caught more of the rain.

lostangler

Reaction score
I did wonder what was going on😀. The gushes show about 2ft coming down the south though.

With the prospect for some top ups during the week, I’m jealous.
Coming up with my boy for our first trip together next weekend, 10 days hence. Hopefully a few top ups between now and then and we'll be set.

Mattytree

Reaction score
View attachment 66074
looks like they’ve had difficulty getting it right today but it’s somewhere close to 3.5 now. The South seems to have caught more of the rain.
I think what happened was they thought it was rising and no one would notice if they knocked it off to compensation,obviously the rain didn't come and they had to put it back but I don't get why they would have to touch anything if it's set for a 3.5 until the weekend.. not trying to sound like a winging **** but I've noticed quite a few times this season they have been quick to forget to release water or it's arrived a lot later than it should of as they have not stuck to there time table... just feel slightly conned and in disbelief they can't keep to simple plan.

NEbody

Reaction score
I think what happened was they thought it was rising and no one would notice if they knocked it off to compensation,obviously the rain didn't come and they had to put it back but I don't get why they would have to touch anything if it's set for a 3.5 until the weekend.. not trying to sound like a winging **** but I've noticed quite a few times this season they have been quick to forget to release water or it's arrived a lot later than it should of as they have not stuck to there time table... just feel slightly conned and in disbelief they can't keep to simple plan.
I don’t see why they touched anything until they knew the river was rising. My guess is that the people in Dolgarrog, who control the release remotely, hadn’t read the instructions and put it right after the error of their ways was pointed out. Alternatively, the remote control didn’t work as it should and they had to get someone out on site to adjust it. It wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened and the manual adjustment can be a bit approximate, which would account for the level wobbling until they got it right.

Mick_G

Reaction score
Bless them ! I had a 6 pounder this afternoon from the Lower Redeswood when the river stopped rising - it’s going up again now.
Well done!

we're on this Wednesday but it will take a miracle for there to be water 😂

Nath

Reaction score
Looking at the forecast you might just be lucky and have some fresh water mate, there is more rain coming Monday and Tuesday

Mattytree

Reaction score
Looks like it, sh*tty 1.3 release for the next week!
About one of the most frustrating things to have happened in a while , more so than them dipping out on there releases recently , river needed a good clean out it's getting terrible wading and a some new fish which maybe would of happened if they had kept to a 7 just for one day.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
There should be a bit of rain coming though on the N Tyne catchment over the next week. I might get up Thursday / Friday if there is. The South had a nice couple of feet this week and it is horsing down in the Midlands right now.

They can’t get Kielder right for everyone.

Scierra

Reaction score
About one of the most frustrating things to have happened in a while , more so than them dipping out on there releases recently , river needed a good clean out it's getting terrible wading and a some new fish which maybe would of happened if they had kept to a 7 just for one day.
Probably keeping the water back for the last few days of the season 30 cumecs release they usual do :unsure: most rods bombed off

stanislavck

Reaction score
1st day of my trip to the Tyne. Managed to land these 2 and lost 1.

Both on a Sunray Shadow variation, stripped super fast.. takes were amazing

Hope everyone is staying safe and tight lines

Attachments

• IMG-8f3b75a20e83084d089228625525da79-V.jpg
    IMG-8f3b75a20e83084d089228625525da79-V.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG-95829f81ded47f0b41f257c1573fe107-V.jpg
    IMG-95829f81ded47f0b41f257c1573fe107-V.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20211002_123752.jpg
    20211002_123752.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109