River Tyne 2021

Scierra

Reaction score
The guests and local members are all absolutely genuine decent lads im sure.The issue lies with lads going on the north bank (farsons cam side) two or three times a week (according to one of them bragging to a friend). They have left evidence on the middle island (Lead line / sea line and big treble) and also left incriminating end tackle in the backwash on the left bank looking downstream.I have both observed and disturbed them ,all im saying is where are the Bailifs or Police???
Bailiffs ? Never seen one on the river Wear or Tyne since 2013 ? checking licenses . how many have had their licenses checked ?
Think the cops have more important things to do like catching speeding motorists on camera hidden away in their vans

toplad

Banned
Reaction score
One of the guests was the same person who caught the Wear 34LB fish the other day, make your mind up.Who were the guests do you know their names ? as you say they are genuine i was wondering if you knew or may have met them on the river.Since when did Hexham AC allow guests?
What if the Hex member was a ex snatcher from the Wear, have you considered that? what if Hexham person used to be part of Durham snatching ring.You seem to be very sure of your self but im guessing that you are guessing or assuming as nothing you said so far really holds any water.
Tyne like any other river throughout the UK has poaching problems,the narrative seems to be thrown towards river Wear when really it is all happening on the Tyne.Wear lads who poach are just normal everyday people with no affiliation to a club or syndacate,but Hexham members are taking people off the Wear to go fish the Tyne lol But all the poaching happens on the Wear.

toplad

Banned
Reaction score
Bailiffs ? Never seen one on the river Wear or Tyne since 2013 ? checking licenses . how many have had their licenses checked ?
Think the cops have more important things to do like catching speeding motorists on camera hidden away in their vans
Got checked twice last season on Wear once on the Tees up near Gainford area.

Sperlash

Reaction score
One of the guests was the same person who caught the Wear 34LB fish the other day, make your mind up.Who were the guests do you know their names ? as you say they are genuine i was wondering if you knew or may have met them on the river.Since when did Hexham AC allow guests?
What if the Hex member was a ex snatcher from the Wear, have you considered that? what if Hexham person used to be part of Durham snatching ring.You seem to be very sure of your self but im guessing that you are guessing or assuming as nothing you said so far really holds any water.
Tyne like any other river throughout the UK has poaching problems,the narrative seems to be thrown towards river Wear when really it is all happening on the Tyne.Wear lads who poach are just normal everyday people with no affiliation to a club or syndacate,but Hexham members are taking people off the Wear to go fish the Tyne lol But all the poaching happens on the Wear.
I actually was a member of hexam anglers who do infact allow guest rods.The club when i was q member had lads who used to fish from the WALL at durham years prior to my definite knowledge The guy I recognised was very helpful and had obviously changed his outlook and was a good hand with both fly and spinner.I associate with lads who have poached historically as well and would gladly invite them to fish with me anytime.I dont think for 1 second that any invited guest would poach on a guest fishery and think that if the member who invited him was aware of his methods elsewhere would want to fish or associate with him if he had any sense.The biggest advocate of conservation i know was the biggest netter on the system many moons ago and now regrets the things he did as a lad, suppose better late than never!!

Scierra

Reaction score
I actually was a member of hexam anglers who do infact allow guest rods.The club when i was q member had lads who used to fish from the WALL at durham years prior to my definite knowledge The guy I recognised was very helpful and had obviously changed his outlook and was a good hand with both fly and spinner.I associate with lads who have poached historically as well and would gladly invite them to fish with me anytime.I dont think for 1 second that any invited guest would poach on a guest fishery and think that if the member who invited him was aware of his methods elsewhere would want to fish or associate with him if he had any sense.The biggest advocate of conservation i know was the biggest netter on the system many moons ago and now regrets the things he did as a lad, suppose better late than never!!
You were a member of Hexham Anglers ? It has a strict and nye on impossible to join, as you have to be nominated by a member and passed by the committee

Laird

Reaction score
Not often I get excited about a 7 release but I was this morning, after 3 days of minimum kielder release. Fishing Tarset, had one on for a few seconds shortly after starting and got lovely 14lb hen late morning. Followed by a 2lb sea trout. Both very clean considering the conditions over last month. 2 more were caught on other riverdale hall beats, including a belting 9lb sea trout. Hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

Laird

Reaction score
Not often I get excited about a 7 release but I was this morning, after 3 days of minimum kielder release. Fishing Tarset, had one on for a few seconds shortly after starting and got lovely 14lb hen late morning. Followed by a 2lb sea trout. Both very clean considering the conditions over last month. 2 more were caught on other riverdale hall beats, including a belting 9lb sea trout. Hoping for more of the same tomorrow.
Just found out the big sea trout was actually 10.2lb weighed. Even more of a belter !

long Preston

Reaction score
managed a 5lb seatrout last night- safely released on her way - very quiet otherwise -river is filthy dirty and needs a good spate

NoviceFly

Reaction score

Well done Stu, Nice to read. I am back up in a couple of weeks for a three day stint...

Sim

Reaction score
A riverdale guest, the only one daft enough to fish in the heat and sun yesterday, and 3 relesse had 2 grilse, 6 and 7lb late morning and afternoon on redeswood. Size 14 and 16 flies. Well done that man !!
Very well done.
Is it raining up there ? The forecast suggest maybe an inch in the next 24 hours.

Laird

Reaction score
Very well done.
Is it raining up there ? The forecast suggest maybe an inch in the next 24 hours.
The forecast was wrong, again. A few heavy showers which did nothing to the river around Bellingham

Laird

Reaction score
Thanks Stuart, had much more been caught ? Cheers Sim
The odd ones here snd there. St caught on houxty yesterday and I had one on redeswood on Sunday. Hoping guests will have some action this aft when 7 release kicks in.

offshore

Reaction score
The odd ones here snd there. St caught on houxty yesterday and I had one on redeswood on Sunday. Hoping guests will have some action this aft when 7 release kicks in.
Wish I could be there tomorrow.

Keilder updated to release 14 cum for 7 hours from 14.00 hrs today apparently - then back to the 7 cum. Looks like the best opportunity for a while.

Currently pouring down in Lincolnshire and to continue like that for the rest of day - but seems to fizzle out the further North you go. I will have to wait a bit longer.