River Tyne 2021

dave simps

Reaction score
hello chaps looking for a bit off imfo about alston angling club beats any good for fly
much appreceated
dave simps

Nath

Reaction score
Going to big tomorrow again, was hoping to get out next week for cast with a few new lines, but not likely. I am local to the river BTW

Rrrr

Reaction score
Looks to be dropping quite fast on bywell gauge. Got a day off on thursday so may head out for an hour or so if its at a fishable height for the fly.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

dave simps

Reaction score
Long way up Dave needs water, are you not in PA ? They have water opposite Alstons water
Hello mate
Yeah I'm in PA just looking for a bit more water on the Tyne I've also just got on the aughton beat Lancaster anlers lune so dont think ill bother with Alston cheers for info razzer maybe see you on the eden

NoviceFly

Reaction score
Tight Lines to all for this season in which I hope to be Fruitful for all concerned! I actually have a little over a fortnights worth of fishing booked already on the Tyne. Bring it on I say. Had a super end to the season in 2019!

Nath

Reaction score
Well conditions look more settled (at last) for the weekend and the early part of next week, see if the lower river manages to produce something!

Rrrr

Reaction score
Well conditions look more settled (at last) for the weekend and the early part of next week, see if the lower river manages to produce something!
Height looks like it could be good for the weekend plus decent tides.

Mattytree

Reaction score
Height looks like it could be good for the weekend plus decent tides.

Certainly wasn’t when I booked a day at styford on Wednesday to start the season ...Had the first few cast in too a flooded chocolate rapids then swiftly went home , shame as it was absolutely perfect the day before.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Certainly wasn’t when I booked a day at styford on Wednesday to start the season ...Had the first few cast in too a flooded chocolate rapids then swiftly went home , shame as it was absolutely perfect the day before.
Aye, the gauge went almost vertical from midnight on tuesday.

Nath

Reaction score
Kielder pumping out a fair bit just now which keeps things on the high side in the lower river.

Might have a day at styford myself in March

NEbody

Reaction score
Kielder pumping out a fair bit just now which keeps things on the high side in the lower river.

Might have a day at styford myself in March

Kielder is releasing a lot because this week’s rain got the level up to three inches from the point at which it spills.

Mattytree

Reaction score
They where releasing heavy before the rain though, there was a mere trickle in our burn on Monday and the north Tyne looked a 13+... Just hope they leave some for the smolts instead of the usual trickle that’s ideal for picking off smolts for fish eating birds in May.

Nath

Reaction score
Was planning a trip to the lower river later this week, maybe not now...
62B912B6-CE00-49AF-BAA4-B2E49FA5720B.jpeg

Scierra

Reaction score
Is that 25 release correct, only a couple foot in at Bellingham and it’s hardly made a difference to bottom end
Takes a while guessing 20/24 hrs. depending on how big of a release ? from Kielder dam to Wylam

NEbody

Reaction score
Is that 25 release correct, only a couple foot in at Bellingham and it’s hardly made a difference to bottom end

it’s in. If you look at the level at Bywell, you can see it rose 6-7cm in the early hours of this morning.

Remember there was a 16.8 cumecs release on before it went up to 25 and the flow from the rest of the catchment is still healthy but falling slowly, so it’s not that big a proportional change.

D

Deleted member 19029

I did think it would come up more, perfect height for some of the pools on the lower tyne. Cheers for the info 👍

Nath

Reaction score
Yes I saw the rise and thought myself it was not too bad. Still a bit on the high side for Bywell but certainly still fishable!

Rrrr

Reaction score
Just re spooled the spinning reel incase it comes up abit more.