River Tyne 2020

Mattytree

Reaction score
Thanks, I’m on Hall Pool just beneath Redeswood. Does anybody know if it’s any good ?
Probably one of the best beats on the river ... oh the stories I’ve heard, one of 30 plus fish days ! unfortunately the rivers on its arse right now , I would give that and surrounding beats good prospects especially if there is water in the rede ...although there always seem to be fish on the rede/Tyne junction Cruising about, I watched it on the rise we had a couple of weeks back an amount of fresh fish woke up when the water hit that had not shown previously was interesting.
The river dale hotel can get you fishing above and to the bottom of that beat.

Sim

Reaction score
Probably one of the best beats on the river ... oh the stories I’ve heard, one of 30 plus fish days ! unfortunately the rivers on its arse right now , I would give that and surrounding beats good prospects especially if there is water in the rede ...although there always seem to be fish on the rede/Tyne junction Cruising about, I watched it on the rise we had a couple of weeks back an amount of fresh fish woke up when the water hit that had not shown previously was interesting.
The river dale hotel can get you fishing above and to the bottom of that beat.
Thanks for that. It will probably be wasted on me ! I will report if I catch anything

Sperlash

Reaction score
Rumours/Certain signs of poachers Snatching in the pool below hexam weir.Blood and scales along with beer cans and end gear left..Where are the powers that be??Before anyone suggests otters they dont use treble hooks or drink Carling!!

Last edited:

long Preston

Reaction score
Rumours/Certain signs of poachers Snatching in the pool below hexam weir.Blood and scales along with beer cans and end gear left..Where are the powers that be??Before anyone suggests otters they dont use treble hooks or drink Carling!!
so report it-the NE bailiffs usually respond

Sperlash

Reaction score
so report it-the NE bailiffs usually respond
Already have 2 weeks ago Trouble is it needs watching through the night from the bridge .Dont think theres the resources.Security camera now hidden and active so heres hoping they trip it and lead to 999 call amazing bits of kit with built in recording and instant notification .

Nath

Reaction score
Just back from a couple of days fishing on Farnley, conditions were great if a little unsettled Friday evening into Saturday with the river clarity and height levels changing. In all honesty the river seemed quiet. I didn't see a salmon, few sea trout caught by the chaps I was fishing with. Not entirely sure why it was so quiet, a bit off given the conditions were very good.
I fished Bywell last Wednesday, in was perfect conditions. Nothing and very very quiet .

I agree it’s odd when there is good water, normally you get the summer fish coming in and they are often decent sizes also.

long Preston

Reaction score
I fished Bywell last Wednesday, in was perfect conditions. Nothing and very very quiet .

I agree it’s odd when there is good water, normally you get the summer fish coming in and they are often decent sizes also.
constant high water for several weeks-fish don't get a chance to build up -they are running like racehorses-check the condition of fish being taken up at Lambley on the S tyne-spit fresh bars of silver-plenty of seatrout as well

Mattytree

Reaction score
Hooked a bar of silver last night that got air born a good few times and had a few runs before coming off, didn’t mind as it had earned its freedom but picking a Small old bann special that I thought I could sharpen the hooks up on and they obviously failed so will be having a good sort through any used old Flys tonight.
Seems the resident kippers are building up and showing them selves off to any new comers when things get moving at dusk.

Nath

Reaction score
constant high water for several weeks-fish don't get a chance to build up -they are running like racehorses-check the condition of fish being taken up at Lambley on the S tyne-spit fresh bars of silver-plenty of seatrout as well
True, I have had a few liced fish up near Haltwhistle in the last 3 weeks also

Rrrr

Reaction score
Anyone got a pic of the monster chubb caught recently ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Coneheads

Reaction score
Anyone got a pic of the monster chubb caught recently ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
No specs needed to read this post , 31 inches ,would be approx 10/12lbs lbs for a salmon or seatrout a chub this size would be much more ?

Sim

Reaction score
Looking forward to my first trip of the season to North Tyne this weekend. Got a few days booked through Riverdale Hall. Praying release goes ahead,and may stay longer if release extended.
Hi Laird, I’m on the North Tyne just below Redeswood. There are plenty of fish showing but they aren’t in taking mood. Hopefully the release will get things moving for you. Cheers Sim

Laird

Reaction score
Hi Laird, I’m on the North Tyne just below Redeswood. There are plenty of fish showing but they aren’t in taking mood. Hopefully the release will get things moving for you. Cheers Sim
Hi Sim, thanks for that. Was liaising with Adam,gillie at Riverdale today, who was fishing redeswood last night, and confirmed what you said. Always very hard work on 1.5 release.I'm sure release will improve things. Just having a quick trip before spending sept and Oct up there ghillieing.

NoviceFly

Reaction score
Hi Sim, thanks for that. Was liaising with Adam,gillie at Riverdale today, who was fishing redeswood last night, and confirmed what you said. Always very hard work on 1.5 release.I'm sure release will improve things. Just having a quick trip before spending sept and Oct up there ghillieing.
Tight Lines Stu.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Ha
it’s supposed to be going up to 11 cumecs on Saturday afternoon and down to 9 on Sunday afternoon. I’ll take it as definite if it’s still in Friday’s update.
Glad that’s sorted, I’ll be expecting a 13 on Friday tapering down to 1.5 on Monday for my arrival😂.

NEbody

Reaction score
Ha

Glad that’s sorted, I’ll be expecting a 13 on Friday tapering down to 1.5 on Monday for my arrival😂.
Be careful what you wish for. This week’s release should have been bigger than that: band G or H In the table below, and started on Tuesday afternoon. The one for the coming week is due to start at 07:00 on Thursday, 23rd and should also be band G or H, unless they still have issues to sort.

1594905555623.png

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. This week’s release should have been bigger than that: band G or H In the table below, and started on Tuesday afternoon. The one for the coming week is due to start at 07:00 on Thursday, 23rd and should also be band G or H, unless they still have issues to sort.

View attachment 47303
I saw that; personally I think they can be a mixed blessing on the lower NT and when you have to book in advance you just have to fish the conditions you find. If there’s fish around then I’m happy.

Reaction score
Advice required on the release of 16.8 on friday 24th, is this too big for the fly ?

I've fished on a 9 and 11, that seemed to be a decent height, 16.8 looks to be a big water ?

Thanks

NEbody

Reaction score
Depends where you are and how much water the tributaries between the dam and you are contributing. it will be about 4 inches higher than an 11 cumec release. There a certainly places that will fish but they may not be the same places that fish in a smaller release. There are also places that I wouldn’t wade at that height.