River Tyne 2020

NEbody

Reaction score
The release goes down from 9 cumecs to 7 cumecs tomorrow morning and down to compensation flow on Saturday morning. The reservoir level has gone up in the last week so next week’s release (due to start on Tuesday afternoon) will be bigger than this week’s.

leckytech

Reaction score
Giving the North Tyne a go tomorrow, first outing since my day at Bywell about a month ago(one fish lost). It's a hell of a drag at just over 400 miles round trip. Maybe I will try the Ure next.
Wow! Hard core mate! Fingers crossed for you 👍

larry_grayson

Reaction score
Correct Reiver Flash & NEbody. Not hard core leckytech just retired and bored. May give MCX a PM about the Ure and stop off on the way home for a day.
Daventus Why???

Mattytree

Reaction score
Had another sea trout and lost another tonight , have started fishing a 12ft 7# as it’s all that seems to be about , still haven’t seen a salmon on our beats in weeks.
Had to have a day on the tweed on Monday and managed a couple Of salmon to the net just to reassure myself I was not doing anything wrong !
Have heard Newton On the north Tyne was stuffed with fish on Saturday so we had a crack on carateith yesterday afternoon , maybe a bit early and bright , evening seems the best for when the sea trout get active but didn’t see or touch a thing ,Adams rods had salmon and sea trout off Tarset though.
Fish could be any where now though, thing is with north Tyne you can’t see them to give you that confidence, I remember a few years back I’d had a couple off Hesleyside , didn’t see a fish all day but if you looked really carefully and wading like tip toeing they would rest between your feet there was that many about.

Sim

Reaction score
The release goes down from 9 cumecs to 7 cumecs tomorrow morning and down to compensation flow on Saturday morning. The reservoir level has gone up in the last week so next week’s release (due to start on Tuesday afternoon) will be bigger than this week’s.
So Kielder is nice and full and the release next week is minimal - can anyone explain please ?

NEbody

Reaction score
So Kielder is nice and full and the release next week is minimal - can anyone explain please ?
i guess they’re having problems with the big turbine and need to do some work on it. Damned annoying: not only no release next week but an increased chance of too big a release after that:mad:

Sim

Reaction score
i guess they’re having problems with the big turbine and need to do some work on it. Damned annoying: not only no release next week but an increased chance of too big a release after that:mad:
Thanks for that. I wonder if they will get it fixed and we will be on a big release with little notice.

Mattytree

Reaction score
Fantastic day today with James Stokoe, 2 sea trout and a salmon this morning, lost a sea trout and lost a salmon just before heading home. All on the north tyne, wor kid got 3 sea trout aswel, great day!
Only fell in 3 times 😂
Well done ,Sounds a great day ! Was there many showing themselves ? only fished that beat once and there was no water in it even then I think james had managed to wangle out a salmon the day before for his guest but it does look like it would be very productive on the right day.

Igaffz

Reaction score
Well done ,Sounds a great day ! Was there many showing themselves ? only fished that beat once and there was no water in it even then I think james had managed to wangle out a salmon the day before for his guest but it does look like it would be very productive on the right day.
Strangely hardly anything showing at all mate, plenty if sea trout in the river though!

Wyeman

Reaction score
Does anybody know of any B&B or AirB&B accommodation that may have opened around the Wylam / Hexham area, for around a weeks time, preferably not to far from a good Pub . Most places seem still locked down, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Mattytree

Reaction score
Battle stead’s hotel is open as we had a meal in there last night, haven’t really looked or would know where to look in Wylam probs about 20 mins away though.
half of Hexham still looks shut or gone for ever unfortunately.

ashley

Reaction score
I'm thinking about redeswood at the end of the week.....has anything been coming out?

long Preston

Reaction score
Does anybody know of any B&B or AirB&B accommodation that may have opened around the Wylam / Hexham area, for around a weeks time, preferably not to far from a good Pub . Most places seem still locked down, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
boatside inn -warden- top pub with great accomodation

Isisalar

Reaction score
Considering a Ferryhill ticket and they have fishing at Heddon Haughs & Isle on the main river and Bellingham on the North. Would love some feedback on both.
Thanks.

JamieDen

Reaction score
Hi, I occasionally fish the north Tyne beats up by Bellingham and used to fish the newton beats. I used to book fishing through Riverdale hall hotel but they no longer gave the newton beat. Does anyone know how to fish on newton now? Apologies if this had been discussed previously.
many thanks in advance
J

JamieDen

Reaction score
I’m on a beat below there this week - what are the prospects in this low water please ?
Is that redeswood your are fishing? I’m definitely no expert but I do like fishing redeswood especially the lower half. I have always been told to fish small flies with red in them on quite long leaders with floating or intermediate line. I think if the fish are there, you still stand a good chance even in lower water 👍🏻

ashley

Reaction score
I’m on a beat below there this week - what are the prospects in this low water please ?
The water is going to be low..... my plan is to get there early..... and use tiny tubes .... I fished it last year and had two sea trout. Lovely water in that area...

Sim

Reaction score
The water is going to be low..... my plan is to get there early..... and use tiny tubes .... I fished it last year and had two sea trout. Lovely water in that area...
Thanks, I’m on Hall Pool just beneath Redeswood. Does anybody know if it’s any good ?

NoviceFly

Reaction score
Just back from a couple of days fishing on Farnley, conditions were great if a little unsettled Friday evening into Saturday with the river clarity and height levels changing. In all honesty the river seemed quiet. I didn't see a salmon, few sea trout caught by the chaps I was fishing with. Not entirely sure why it was so quiet, a bit off given the conditions were very good.