River Tyne 2020

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
I think it’s fair to say there’s quite a few ST around ATM, got this one just before home time yesterday.

5C57670D-FFEF-4803-B22A-63A145ED6E0A.jpeg

Had a couple of takes earlier on - which didn’t stick and I landed a smaller fish on Tuesday.

Most of them seem head down & running hard. Haltwhistle and Alston should be out in force

Sperlash

Reaction score
Fished below hexam weir last night in good conditions Never seen it as quiet.I would expect a fairly steady head of fish considering the net removal.Fished earlier in the day from chesters lower down to waters meet ,saw nothing but fluked a sea trout and managed a salmon and a sea trout off lower south tyne@warden
All in all the longest session ive fished for years but fish either very thin on the ground or pushed off to the upper reaches

long Preston

Reaction score
Fished below hexam weir last night in good conditions Never seen it as quiet.I would expect a fairly steady head of fish considering the net removal.Fished earlier in the day from chesters lower down to waters meet ,saw nothing but fluked a sea trout and managed a salmon and a sea trout off lower south tyne@warden
All in all the longest session ive fished for years but fish either very thin on the ground or pushed off to the upper reaches
they are running hard mate-before the water last week the river was stuffed with seatrout-most I have seen for some years and chunks among them.since the water i have hardly seen a fin showing but 4 seatrout in 2 sessions including 2 at 6lb plus around a dozen offers and numerous follows and swirls tells me they are running hard. I have heard of fish at Alston which isn't a surprise.

Saint Andrews

Reaction score
they are running hard mate-before the water last week the river was stuffed with seatrout-most I have seen for some years and chunks among them.since the water i have hardly seen a fin showing but 4 seatrout in 2 sessions including 2 at 6lb plus around a dozen offers and numerous follows and swirls tells me they are running hard. I have heard of fish at Alston which isn't a surprise.
Well done LP, sounds like you've been having seatrout fun on the Tyne. Some good fish too. Keep it up mate and hope to catch up soon.

Sperlash

Reaction score
That sounds promising for upper reaches then.I havent wet a line since before the water so good to know they are there in decent numbers.Only fish warden/hexam now so maybe look to get onto upper reaches via day rods when conditions are right

long Preston

Reaction score
That sounds promising for upper reaches then.I havent wet a line since before the water so good to know they are there in decent numbers.Only fish warden/hexam now so maybe look to get onto upper reaches via day rods when conditions are right
warden producing now-although today might be a challenge with the water height-Monday or tuesday on warden could be good if the rain gods decide to have a couple of days off!

Mattytree

Reaction score
Best time for the upper reaches on the north , have hooked fish above Bellingham in July that have been fresh, if you can find a beat that’s not near the road it’s bliss , but can do your head in listening to the constant drone of bikes going to keilder.
Still haven’t seen a salmon since the last release, hopefully this rise will bring some in , had a nice sea trout last night around 5lb which got very air borne only to be met with once getting a line back in for a promising session a family turning up and all 6 of them throwing rocks in the river..
they then apologised at which point I was to angry to even speak back with words that would be child friendly so just continued shaking my head.

long Preston

Reaction score
Best time for the upper reaches on the north , have hooked fish above Bellingham in July that have been fresh, if you can find a beat that’s not near the road it’s bliss , but can do your head in listening to the constant drone of bikes going to keilder.
Still haven’t seen a salmon since the last release, hopefully this rise will bring some in , had a nice sea trout last night around 5lb which got very air borne only to be met with once getting a line back in for a promising session a family turning up and all 6 of them throwing rocks in the river..
they then apologised at which point I was to angry to even speak back with words that would be child friendly so just continued shaking my head.
lockdown has unfotunatley for us anglers brought the added delight of family swimming into the equation-our beat has been innundated with the 5 -75 year year olds- rock throwing obligatory-they appear to have no concept of it affecting the fishing???-last weeken with a foot on the main tyne there were three 30 plus yr olds swimming in fornt of me-complaining it was cold-no **** sherlock!

Igaffz

Reaction score
lockdown has unfotunatley for us anglers brought the added delight of family swimming into the equation-our beat has been innundated with the 5 -75 year year olds- rock throwing obligatory-they appear to have no concept of it affecting the fishing???-last weeken with a foot on the main tyne there were three 30 plus yr olds swimming in fornt of me-complaining it was cold-no **** sherlock!
It’s been horrendous! I regularly fish the tidal at Wylam and it’s been a no go area anytime other than early morning. Grown men walking to the waters edge and saying hello them throwing a massive rock in the water then turning around and walking away! It’s been getting me down to be honest, not to mention the parties and rubbish, now there’s two guys swimming everyday at chollerford!
I’ve never seen so many ignorant people in my entire life! I didn’t realise there was so many thick people around until this virus it’s frightening.

Laird

Reaction score
Th
It’s been horrendous! I regularly fish the tidal at Wylam and it’s been a no go area anytime other than early morning. Grown men walking to the waters edge and saying hello them throwing a massive rock in the water then turning around and walking away! It’s been getting me down to be honest, not to mention the parties and rubbish, now there’s two guys swimming everyday at chollerford!
I’ve never seen so many ignorant people in my entire life! I didn’t realise there was so many thick people around until this virus it’s frightening.
Sadly,there is no cure for stupid !

Igaffz

Reaction score
The problem is you’d be fighting with people every day if you bit! It would be never ending.
Anyway I lost a nice sea trout on the south tyne today and fell in the water but not in that order!

Rrrr

Reaction score
The problem is you’d be fighting with people every day if you bit! It would be never ending.
Anyway I lost a nice sea trout on the south tyne today and fell in the water but not in that order!
Thats why i drive to the coquet as you get peace and quiet with no one for miles.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sperlash

Reaction score
Got a nice sea trout on the south last night, late on! Put up a great fight!

still seeing no salmon mind
Fished Warden for a couple of hours yesterday Spoke to a canny lad who had been on all day and he had seen next to nothing running in .I was lucky saw one .covered it .caught it..About 8lb clean cock Salmon now back on its way upriver!!

long Preston

Reaction score
yes I know-just sounding off I have too much to lose but boy would I love to!

Bruce Walker

Reaction score
Fished Warden for a couple of hours yesterday Spoke to a canny lad who had been on all day and he had seen next to nothing running in .I was lucky saw one .covered it .caught it..About 8lb clean cock Salmon now back on its way upriver!!
Well done lad! Lovely to see - cover -catch!

larry_grayson

Reaction score
Giving the North Tyne a go tomorrow, first outing since my day at Bywell about a month ago(one fish lost). It's a hell of a drag at just over 400 miles round trip. Maybe I will try the Ure next.