River Tyne 2020

Rrrr

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on night time sea trout fishing on the main or North Tyne? I’ve heard that it’s usually on OK on the South Tyne as it runs pretty clear on summer levels.

I’ve fished the main Tyne fairly frequently and have only had success at dusk. I don’t think I have ever had success when it’s traditionally dark enough (when the grass is no longer green).

I’ve fished all night a few times and the fishing seems to pick up at morning twilight.
Not many night fish on the lower main tyne as cars used to get broken into.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

long Preston

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on night time sea trout fishing on the main or North Tyne? I’ve heard that it’s usually on OK on the South Tyne as it runs pretty clear on summer levels.

I’ve fished the main Tyne fairly frequently and have only had success at dusk. I don’t think I have ever had success when it’s traditionally dark enough (when the grass is no longer green).

I’ve fished all night a few times and the fishing seems to pick up at morning twilight.
if you are prepared to put the time in you can catch- plenty of surface activity and or big tubes once its gone dark

Sand dancer

Reaction score
if you are prepared to put the time in you can catch- plenty of surface activity and or big tubes once its gone dark
Thanks for that. I was thinking about fishing bigger. If Keilder isn’t kicking out much water this summer I’ll definitely be putting the effort in. Plus at this time of year its not dark for very long so you are in position for first light.

Dave

Igaffz

Reaction score
Fished down the tidal this morning but it was really quiet, no fish showing at all, I had a go for an hour but it seemed devoid of life! After putting my gear back in the car I decided to have a quick look off Wylam bridge, all the fish were sitting in the turbulent water running over the Wear. I watched them for about 45 mins and saw dozens go over anywhere from about a 1lb to 10lb. I don’t know if it was the rain this morning or what but they were all desperate to get away. Oddly the seals didn’t seem to be about either. It was great to watch, I found myself giving them encouragement to get over people must of thought I was a nutter 😂

Psam77

Reaction score
Fished down the tidal this morning but it was really quiet, no fish showing at all, I had a go for an hour but it seemed devoid of life! After putting my gear back in the car I decided to have a quick look off Wylam bridge, all the fish were sitting in the turbulent water running over the Wear. I watched them for about 45 mins and saw dozens go over anywhere from about a 1lb to 10lb. I don’t know if it was the rain this morning or what but they were all desperate to get away. Oddly the seals didn’t seem to be about either. It was great to watch, I found myself giving them encouragement to get over people must of thought I was a nutter 😂

Psam77

Reaction score
From the fed water ? Looks like the biggest so far, mine last week was in the lead at 6 1/4 but that looks bigger. Nice fish

Yes pal from the fed I never weighed it don’t think it was as big as yours it wouldn’t have been far away! I lost a bigger one last Wednesday at my feet 😡didn’t take my net got both on size 14 spider patterns!

Psam77

Reaction score
Might be enough to bring a few seatrout in.

Been down 2night with my mate lots of sea trout and salmon running past us in a foot of water great to see but so frustrating never hooked one👎

Mattytree

Reaction score
Didn,t notice that graham.
I didn’t at first either so thought it was worth highlighting! I’d already told a few of our older members who don’t use computers that this pitiful 1.5 was going to continue for another week so had to run around and tell them the good news!