River Tyne 2020

Daventus

Reaction score
I fished styford late September , I netted two for one lad and he lost a third and he had been trying to land an English salmon for 10 years! Another lad had 2-3 and his friend another ... I blanked 😆 I think with the water being the way it was the fish just constantly ran and it was pure luck of being in the right place and time ... who am I kidding I don’t have a clue and never will understand salmon...I don’t think the lads around Bellingham had a great last month or two , I was seeing and catching some quite fresh fish for October below the rede.. mostly in running lies though.
Hit the nail there Matty.If you were right place you caught.Very poor if you weren’t.Although I’ve been disappointed with end of October in general last 3/4 years.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Managed to loose one wed afternoon on the fed water, 3 big head shakes and it was gone. My fault as i was daydreaming watching the sandmartins and brownies feeding on the surface. Didnt see anything else though.

lax0341

Reaction score
But isn‘t it great to be out again ?:cool::) Unfortunately it will be late summer or early autumn before we can travel again from Germany for any decent salmon fishing to UK or Ireland. Maybe the Danes will open up a bit earlier...

Mattytree

Reaction score
Nearly walked on top of this fish at the bottom of countess park this morning In a foot of water at the top of a run, I was watching it for a while but it bolted when I tried to get closer for a photo... does not look good, and i’m pretty sure it wasn’t a kelt as it had a belly and wasn’t skinny at all.

MarkR

Reaction score
Caught and released? .. I watched one swim away and go belly up a few years ago. Broke my heart.

Mattytree

Reaction score
Caught and released? .. I watched one swim away and go belly up a few years ago. Broke my heart.
Heavily covered in fungus this one was , probably the worse I’ve seen , know what you mean Though about early fish going belly up ,seem to be much more aggressive takers with some inhaling hooks.

Rrrr

Reaction score
My money would be on them getting stressed in low, warm water. Also the seals wont help either.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk