River Tweed 2021

Finglas

Reaction score
How are things looking rain wise now? We are fishing for a day on upper dryburgh in 2 weeks time....hoping for some rain. It rained in west central scotland all day yesterday but it was only light.

Jamie

marty31

Reaction score

Only 11 salmon grassed on beats Boleside to Dryburgh last week , out of a toatal 223 on Fishpal
I fished Tweedswood 1 dayand never seen a fin last week, ditto Bemersyde 1 day week before and ditto Dryburgh Lower 1 day the week before ,. so dissapointing to say the least .
River is rising at present , no more rain forcast next week even after the last rise bulk of the catches are on lower and bottom Tweed .
Below coldstream 👍

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Silly wee rises of a few inches ain't gonna move fish what it needs is 3 or 4 feet up the crook to get the fish on the move 🎣

Screenshot_20210822-132733.png

milemarker

Reaction score
Has anyone any knowledge of the Eden Water please that comes into the Twee at Edenmouth? I know it is impassable at Stichill but interested if there are trout as well as sea trout/salmon below the falls when water flow allows.

Is there club access to fish at all?

Sorry for the questions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
Just a heads up to any anglers fishing the river in the near future.

After this weeks flood, a lot of the riverbank will be very soft and potentially unstable and undercut. Likewise some of the once familiar pools may have changed or may have submerged debris in them.

Please use a wading staff and wear a lifejacket.

Stay safe and enjoy your fishing fellow fluff chuckers. 🎣🎣🎣

AlanT

Reaction score
I often walk along the edge of the golf course a few hundred yards upstream on boxing day, there are usually fish in the deeper pools. You never really see big fish at the cauld itself but the big fellows must sneak through, I've saw some lunkers.

In fact the best run of fish I've ever seen there was Christmas day in floods about 10yrs ago, the amount of fish running was staggering and not very coloured.

Last edited:

AlanT

Reaction score
looks a river in its own right at them levels ? guessing 3ft to 4ft spate ?
Great pic (y)
Most of it is literally not much more than a drainage ditch. The cauld is about a mile upstream from its confluence with the Tweed, below the cauld its a very small straightish water with few features, above the cauld it it's a tiny burn only a few inches deep for most of a dozen miles or so, not a water that can be fished, even for trout. I'd say it was more of a nursery for parr. There looks like a bit of width at the cauld but it takes a raging flood to look like that. I live near there, the road is known as 'the granites', imo its a spectacular road for driving or cycling, I used to fly model gliders there, its a perfect example of border country.
This is about the widest section (photo taken abt 2 wks ago) but it rapidly narrows to a few feet. Never ceases to amaze me that salmon who roam the vastness of the high seas can spawn in what's not much more than a trickle at times
20210918_140806.jpg

Last edited:

marty31

Reaction score
"Leithen foot" the junction with the tweed, a fire used to burn there in the last two months, if you wasnt local! You didnt warm ya ass on it! And if you voiced too many opinions you got chucked in! 40 years ago😂