River Tweed 2021

Lamson v10

Reaction score
The same to yersell SD πŸ‘ Tightlines 🎣 and more of what we had last season would be great πŸ‘
Two thing's for me this season is to beat my PB from the tweed 18.5lb and try get a bigger sea-trout than I got last season , I might struggle wae that one πŸ˜πŸ‘ but right now I'd settle for a day on her for the grayling 🎣

marty31

Reaction score
You certainly had an excellent season last year Marty. Just a small request, can you try and chase a few more upstream a bit earlier this season. πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
Tight lines to all for 2021
Last year was the year the fish didn't want to move very far! This has happened before but not often (unfortunately) us, tweedhill, west newbiggin, horncliffe, pedwell, tillmouth and ladykirk among others benefited massively, hope but doubt this year will be the same, but yeah try our best to point a few up to you maybe late summer πŸ‘

nickolas

Reaction score
Last year was the year the fish didn't want to move very far! This has happened before but not often (unfortunately) us, tweedhill, west newbiggin, horncliffe, pedwell, tillmouth and ladykirk among others benefited massively, hope but doubt this year will be the same, but yeah try our best to point a few up to you maybe late summer πŸ‘
I have fished one of the upper lower river beats for 30 years, interesting what you say, I stopped fishing the autumn weeks 4 years ago. 7 years ago my pal and I had a incredible 3 days for 43 fish, the following 2 years the beat was stuffed with fish and with perfect water heights but could only managed 2 fish. I just wonder Just above our beat there must be nearly 800 yards of perfect spawning gravel, did a lot of these fish spawn here and if so returned the following years to spawn in the lower river. Of course the previous 3-4 years the tweed broke all records, this particular beat managed nearly 1900 fish for two rods for 3 years. I know not all fish return to there river of birth, but I wonder the fish that do what proportion actually spawn on the same stretch of gravel they were bone on.

lefthandup

Reaction score
Looks like another big dump of rain on Tuesday/Wednesday....could do with some settled water now.

easky

Reaction score
Just see the first off the Junction, nice looking fish and well done the captor!

IMG_3594.jpg

Last edited:

flytay

Reaction score
heard Gav brown has had 3 and Pud 1 seen a pic of one of Gavs but not anymore so don't know if Puds on the wind up ,perfect for the Juction mind :cool:
I also heard from another Tweed ghillie that Junction have had 4 fish but not confirmed. Could be a wind up but hope it is true!

madcaster

Reaction score
heard Gav brown has had 3 and Pud 1 seen a pic of one of Gavs but not anymore so don't know if Puds on the wind up ,perfect for the Juction mind :cool:
Well if Gav had 1 its that one πŸ‘
MC

Attachments

• IMG-20210202-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20210202-WA0009.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 165

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
60E931A6-9B09-4ACB-926F-21150540B141.jpeg
Plenty of snow coming down in the Upper Tweed yesterday. The river had dropped back to just under the 3’ mark at Walkerburn after being bank to bank high. The water had that grey road wash colour.

Hopefully the river continues to drop and some catches start to appear lower down.

It’s not forecast, but hopefully we don’t get a rapid thaw🎣

Elibank

Reaction score
View attachment 56729Plenty of snow coming down in the Upper Tweed yesterday. The river had dropped back to just under the 3’ mark at Walkerburn after being bank to bank high. The water had that grey road wash colour.

Hopefully the river continues to drop and some catches start to appear lower down.

It’s not forecast, but hopefully we don’t get a rapid thaw🎣
Juniper Bank from the Holylee side?

lefthandup

Reaction score
What a stinking drain the Tweed is though... seriously it's been running dirty for over a week now.