River Tweed 2020

salmo76

Reaction score
I was the one holding that fish and know the weight, as we weighed it. Now, as we all know pictures can be deceptive, so would anyone like to guess the weight, just for a bit of fun?
No cheating by looking on the Upper Caberstone daily reports please.

Just seen this , wish I`d seen it earlier to see if it confirmed the accuracy of the Tweed salmon weights published charts before I knew the weight. However ,checked it out anyway as it is a really good picture for getting an estimate of length ,being straight on and hands clearly visible that can be used as a reasonably close measure. It came in at around 35 ". The charts give the weight at around 16lb which indicates to me that length is a good way of estimating weights in the absence of scales.

Last edited:

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
I was indeed the captor of No.3 a fine fish. I was slightly disappointed as you can probably hear in the video,that it didn't beat my PB to date of 25lb.I have been lucky enough to have caught a few fish around the 20lb mark and this guy looked way bigger than most of them. My first impression on seeing the fish in the net was I got a 30. Brian weighted it with a McLeans and all my fish over the years have been weighted with the same. If it said 25lb its 25lb. Its a PB for me on the Tweed, and so the search continues for that elusive 30lber.
Enjoy the video.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

A great fish, well done on its capture and release.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I was indeed the captor of No.3 a fine fish. I was slightly disappointed as you can probably hear in the video,that it didn't beat my PB to date of 25lb.I have been lucky enough to have caught a few fish around the 20lb mark and this guy looked way bigger than most of them. My first impression on seeing the fish in the net was I got a 30. Brian weighted it with a McLeans and all my fish over the years have been weighted with the same. If it said 25lb its 25lb. Its a PB for me on the Tweed, and so the search continues for that elusive 30lber.
Enjoy the video.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I seen the vid on your channel Simon ?? very well done sir ?? a cracking fish ??

Arnold

offshore

Reaction score
Has the Jedburgh Association water on the Teviot done a bit better this year ? I haven't been for at least 5 years since the fall off in catches, but it was a good way of extending the season at a reasonable price.

Wading nearly to the top of chest waders in November at nearly dark with mist rising, is still in my memory - although only in the near slack water opposite the Kalemouth.

Thanks