River Tweed 2020

lefthandup

Reaction score
Now you are the one that needs to chill out! ??‍♂️ You seem to be taking things a bit too personally.
My picture was just to show that fish can make it to the to the upper river while still fresh. It was not directed at you or any comment you have made.
Relax go fishing. ??
But everyone knows fresh fish can make it up there....it's kinda sad that you feel the need to try and prove it or you somehow think no one believes you ?

As I said...no one doubts it...not that I know of anyway... maybe Conehead but he's an exception.?

Horsbrugh

Reaction score
That was then ( 7 yrs ago when backend silvers ran in numbers ) , this is now

Yes, this Is now, well done, go to the top of the class! Obviously that fish is a mere minnow by the standard of the fish that you claim to catch but hey ho, size isn’t everything, as I’m sure you’ve been told on many occasions.?
When the fish was caught does not alter the fact that fish can and do make it to the upper river while still fresh. Obviously with the bias being more summer fish and less true autumn runs, there is much less chance of catching one now.

Last edited:

Horsbrugh

Reaction score
But everyone knows fresh fish can make it up there....it's kinda sad that you feel the need to try and prove it or you somehow think no one believes you ?

As I said...no one doubts it...not that I know of anyway... maybe Conehead but he's an exception.?

But do they? Anyone not familiar with the upper river reading some of the comments posted here and on some other threads, might be forgiven for thinking that all the fish in the upper Tweed are either black as coal or bright red.

lefthandup

Reaction score
But do they? Anyone not familiar with the upper river reading some of the comments posted here and on some other threads, might be forgiven for thinking that all the fish in the upper Tweed are either black as coal or bright red.
Well I haven't yet seen any post on here stating you have no chance of a fresh fish upper river.

Unless you can show me ?

kingfisher

Stay Safe
Reaction score
I recall in the 70/80s fresh / silver / bright fish were caught often enough to warrant fishing for them, then it started to drop off as the years rolled by
Cycle it maybe but when will they come back is anyone’s guess.

Elibank

Reaction score
I recall in the 70/80s fresh / silver / bright fish were caught often enough to warrant fishing for them, then it started to drop off as the years rolled by
Cycle it maybe but when will they come back is anyone’s guess.

Agreed, but the numbers on the board this season have been a bit of an eye opener, particularly after all the pessimism in recent years - not only that, the condition of the fish must surely mean that the feeding grounds are better than we thought.

nickolas

Reaction score
Agreed, but the numbers on the board this season have been a bit of an eye opener, particularly after all the pessimism in recent years - not only that, the condition of the fish must surely mean that the feeding grounds are better than we thought.
What I find really interesting is the numbers in June/July, why , on the beat I normally fish they are 2-3 X the norm and this is a beat that fish’s at all heights + its in the top three beats on the tweed. No body even the Ghillies been able to tell me.

kingfisher

Stay Safe
Reaction score
Certainly on the majority of the fish seen to date no matter their colour too.

Coneheads

Reaction score
no pics ? but if anything this one caught in 2017 on UC was 15 kilo's , 33lbs ?
All I can say i catch fish of a similar size every season, possibly caught 50 + or more fish of a lifetime? and many bigger !

View attachment 51005 :unsure: ?
But this is not me in pic or captor it is taken off UC web site , what i quote is these so called 33 lb fish are 2 a penny
15 lbs not 15 kilo's,

Coneheads

Reaction score
Way to go (y)

Post on Tweedfisher

Dryburgh Upper
·

Dryburgh Upper would like to announce that we intend to bring a close to our season on the 31st of October this year.
Last year we fished up to the 14th of November but felt that we were disturbing already spawning salmon within our pools.
Every little helps
?

Doing what’s right for the river

marty31

Reaction score
There's a big difference? Yes a 15lb fish on tweed is fairly run of the mill! But 15kilo is not! But i am still confused! What size did you recon the upper/cab fish was? (In pounds) ??

Last edited by a moderator:

Coneheads

Reaction score
There's a big difference? Yes a 15lb fish on tweed is fairly run of the mill! But 15kilo is not! But i am still confused! What size did you recon the upper/cab fish was? (In pounds) ??
the fish in the pic 33 lbs or 15 kilo's,,,,,15lbs I reckon

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
But this is not me in pic or captor it is taken off UC web site , what i quote is these so called 33 lb fish are 2 a penny
15 lbs not 15 kilo's,

I have no issue with the fact that photographs can give inaccurate representations of fish weight, like using length measurements from a wading staff or rod. There is a growing consensus with regards to catch release that taking length measurements is the way to go, however currently it is a requirement by the RTC and Marine Scotland that weight is used.

The fish you reckon is 15lbs was weighed by the ghillie, witnessed by the captor and also by the angler who took the photograph at 15kg. The same fish was awarded the Bemersyde Trophy to the captor for that year.

In your post number #296 on this thread you state you have caught 50+ fish of similar size and bigger.

Let's see your 33lbers and bigger as a comparative.

Unless of course you're just another forum attention seeking troll who is undone by facts and sound reason. Time will tell...

Still waiting on you showing where is states U.C. claims to catch the most 25lb+ per season on the Tweed

Tik, Tok, Tik, Tok

simonjh98

Reaction score
Please don't continue quoting this member as it only keeps this fire burning. Message from Ard

Green eyed monster comes to mind if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchieL

Reaction score
This thread is decending into more of a joke thread rather than somewhere you would pop in to have a look before booking a day.. I dont really care how coloured a fish is or who catches the biggest or who can cast the furthest. Some posts sort of remind me of the time i had to walk out a hut on the Tay at lunchtime due to an absolute nugget bleating on about Skagit heads and grain weights and rod recovery times and this guy would not listen to others and just kept bleating on and on.I thought i was going to burst out laughing at him so left the hut. Seen him in a pool late afternoon and he was no master of the fly rod despite all his bluster in a hut. For the record i managed a 8lb Feb springer that day on my multitip and FX1 rod which i was told were rubbish and not suited to a below average casters like me ;)

Coneheads

Reaction score
Only one joke here,is the exaggerated weights that are put up on web sites , why some want to do this ?simply known as "cheating " you cannot give your opinion of anything on this forum without the sniping troll comments, I have been called all names and it was me that went on me hols .
The 35lb pic on UC no more than 36/37 inches in length , the Mclintock weight net being 32ins X 28 Ins, so no insulting troll replies . I returned a fish similar length 36 inches in length a few days ago and estimated it 18 lbs, and definitely not double the weight @ 35lbs. that is why in earlier posts I have quoted catching 50 around the 18lb mark . and not 50 around the 35 lb. The fish I caught was a coloured cock fish too, it would of made 20/21 lbs when fresh ?
For some members on here they do lose weight when they are resident in our rivers awaiting redding . My friend said was his foot on the weigh net when weighing the fish ?