River Tummel 2020

DDOCH1

Reaction score
We all know that booking salmon fishing in advance is a gamble anyway. I remember fishing the dam beats for 3 days in blistering heat and hardly any water in April one year - I might as well of been in lockdown.

glenelg100

Reaction score
We all know that booking salmon fishing in advance is a gamble anyway. I remember fishing the dam beats for 3 days in blistering heat and hardly any water in April one year - I might as well of been in lockdown.
You are correct, but you choose whether you give it a try or not. Lock down means you don’t have a choice due to the travel etc,

rs2ford

Reaction score
Mother nature I can deal with, but forced lockdown is a whole different way of losing your hard earned cash. Will take my chances booking closer to the time with what's available elsewhere.
Cheers Diarmid.

DDOCH1

Reaction score
Fair enough, though sometimes you have to take the punt. I would be surprised if there’s not the same situation as with every season that the day tickets for March, April & May disappear quickly. It is disappointing that they wouldn’t at least reschedule rods.

auldsalmon

Reaction score
Its fair enough if you lose a day to a big dirty spate, but to lose a day and your permit money due to a government lockdown, or be in level 3 or 4 and are limited to 5mls from home is a bit unfair, especially if its outwith your control ....I know fishers who broke the travel restrictions in May,June and drove up to 95mls and more to fish and not lose out ,be it a days fishing or their hard earned cash.food for thought when booking days next season.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
I think this is a bit cheeky
On there part 😲

glenelg100

Reaction score
Travel restrictions or not ,I've paid my money ,I'll be there , bookings are very slow this year, we are all in wee Nic's hands the noo.
I would book more days but not prepared to take the chance losing more money, if it was moved to another date or something, then ok but not just a straight loss through no fault of my own. I know it’s not the clubs fault there maybe restrictions

hut pool

Reaction score
livingston west lothian or on a river 75mls from h
I would book more days but not prepared to take the chance losing more money, if it was moved to another date or something, then ok but not just a straight loss through no fault of my own. I know it’s not the clubs fault there maybe restrictions
Scotlands on lockdown now till the end of Feb , this 5 mile thing is a load of crap, I've more chance of catching something in my local supermarket going for the bread and milk,than wandering about a river bank 😢