River Tummel 2020

DDOCH1

Reaction score
We all know that booking salmon fishing in advance is a gamble anyway. I remember fishing the dam beats for 3 days in blistering heat and hardly any water in April one year - I might as well of been in lockdown.

glenelg100

Reaction score
We all know that booking salmon fishing in advance is a gamble anyway. I remember fishing the dam beats for 3 days in blistering heat and hardly any water in April one year - I might as well of been in lockdown.
You are correct, but you choose whether you give it a try or not. Lock down means you don’t have a choice due to the travel etc,

rs2ford

Reaction score
Mother nature I can deal with, but forced lockdown is a whole different way of losing your hard earned cash. Will take my chances booking closer to the time with what's available elsewhere.
Cheers Diarmid.

DDOCH1

Reaction score
Fair enough, though sometimes you have to take the punt. I would be surprised if there’s not the same situation as with every season that the day tickets for March, April & May disappear quickly. It is disappointing that they wouldn’t at least reschedule rods.