River Tummel 2020

hut pool

Reaction score
livingston west lothian or on a river 75mls from h
Website information PAC

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

glenelg100

Reaction score
See it, I had a couple of days refunded, but I would have been happy to roll the days over to next season, but that wasn't an option

hut pool

Reaction score
livingston west lothian or on a river 75mls from h
See it, I had a couple of days refunded, but I would have been happy to roll the days over to next season, but that wasn't an option
Its fair enough if you lose a day to a big dirty spate, but to lose a day and your permit money due to a government lockdown, or be in level 3 or 4 and are limited to 5mls from home is a bit unfair, especially if its outwith your control ....I know fishers who broke the travel restrictions in May,June and drove up to 95mls and more to fish and not lose out ,be it a days fishing or their hard earned cash.food for thought when booking days next season.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

glenelg100

Reaction score
Its fair enough if you lose a day to a big dirty spate, but to lose a day and your permit money due to a government lockdown, or be in level 3 or 4 and are limited to 5mls from home is a bit unfair, especially if its outwith your control ....I know fishers who broke the travel restrictions in May,June and drove up to 95mls and more to fish and not lose out ,be it a days fishing or their hard earned cash.food for thought when booking days next season.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapata

glenelg100

Reaction score
May need to take all that into consideration when booking days in January, thing is if you don’t book early, you don’t get booked at all in the prime months

keirstream

Reaction score
At least this year you are well aware of the risks.
You take your chances when you book.
What P.A.C. are saying, up front and openly, is that if we lock down again next year, it's not their fault.
Well, is it really?

glenelg100

Reaction score
At least this year you are well aware of the risks.
You take your chances when you book.
What P.A.C. are saying, up front and openly, is that if we lock down again next year, it's not their fault.
Well, is it really?
I agree, but it’s not the anglers fault either, but only the angler will lose out , through no fault of his/hers

budge

Reaction score
Seems fair enough to me, you takes your chances. Much better being upfront about it than springing it on people after.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

rs2ford

Reaction score
It's great that they are being upfront, however previous to Covid advanced booking was a gamble in terms of river levels etc but even more of a gamble now considering the current status. A gamble I am no longer willing to take, so for the first time since 2012 I won't be pre booking.
Cheers Diarmid.