River Tummel 2020

ArchieL

Reaction score
Hi Innes, how do you think the numbers will pan out for the season based on what you are seeing just now ? I am looking at the Tweed & Spey reports and there looks to be very decent numbers running these 2 East coast rivers just now. I am intrigued to see if the Spey & Tweed numbers will continue or if it is just a high % of main run coming in a few weeks. I know the Spey is reporting beats being lightly fished around the 50% mark but is the PAC waters being fished by regulars to the same effort levels as it would be if travelling anglers were fishing their booked days ? I am hopefull any good news would be reflected on all East Coast rivers if there was good runs as i fish the Teith so fingers crossed.

innes

Reaction score
Hi Archie, In a normal year, ie before we started worrying too much about numbers, 25 a day through the counter was a steady average. Occasionally you'd get a big surge with 100/200 going through, especially if they had been held up. But by now you'd expect the run to kick on and this year it seems to be fading for now. Ask the same question end of July and I'll give you a better answer. From what I am seeing the beats are very lightly fished but the water is summer low and its not really much fun fishing in water like that.The flow has gone from many runs so only the odd fish gets winkled out. Innes