River Tummel 2020

Greegs

Reaction score

This came up on my timehop on Facebook the other day.

I have never seen so many fishing running in a beat before.
They were coming at us like porpoises.
Over 300 fish through the counter that day & I think we saw everyone of them.

This was caught at 6.15am, I touched 1 fish before swap over to opposite bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

innes

Reaction score
Might well make 500 tomorrow and loads of smolts coming down through the ladder. About 6 good fish lying below the bridge at 6pm tonight but the water is desperately low so don't regret the lack of fishing, these fish are pretty well uncatchable at this water level. Saw a few small fish splashing and looking back my records they may well be sea trout, a much undervalued fish in this area.

Greegs

Reaction score
Might well make 500 tomorrow and loads of smolts coming down through the ladder. About 6 good fish lying below the bridge at 6pm tonight but the water is desperately low so don't regret the lack of fishing, these fish are pretty well uncatchable at this water level. Saw a few small fish splashing and looking back my records they may well be sea trout, a much undervalued fish in this area.
We have to get a battering of rain over the next 24hrs so hopefully it brings some much needed water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glenelg100

Reaction score
I was meant to have been there tomorrow, probably wouldn’t have caught, but plenty about to have given me a good chance and wee bit more water too.

glenelg100

Reaction score
Would loved to have been there yesterday, as normally it’s either no water, to much water, no fish, but yesterday appeared to be good water, quite a lot of fish. Maybe next time

glenelg100

Reaction score
Not what we would want to hear, but very responsible decision , and stop people being tempted to driving beyond the travelling distance of 5 mile. Ish

Stuart1108

Reaction score
How much is the Garry usually in September going to have a weeks camping if we are allowed out then hopefully

keirstream

Reaction score
B rilliant. And here am I still working on my garden. More than 5 miles away from Pitlochry.:D:D

glenelg100

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it, according to some posts on facebook some folk have travelled over 100 miles to fish the tay today so it seems we can all just do as we please.
I have said from the announcement of the travel situation that would happen, it’s too much of a grey area, but the Tummel are not allowing visiting anglers only locals

glenelg100

Reaction score
It’s crystal clear

Well done , PAC..👍
It’s that clear people are travelling from all over breaking the 5 mile limit, saying you won’t e stopped by police, up to peoples discretion , can travel as far as you like to meet family as long as you don’t pis in their house , too many loop holes

ibm59

Reaction score
It’s that clear people are travelling from all over breaking the 5 mile limit
Deliberately , and with no though for others.
‘If you want to fly with them , ..................

Anyway , there are other threads for this discussion. 👍

glenelg100

Reaction score
Deliberately , and with no though for others.
‘If you want to fly with them , ..................

Anyway , there are other threads for this discussion. 👍
I have cancelled All my trips or rescheduled them from mid July onwards, never had any intention of travelling 80/90 miles or so. Tight-lines when times are better.