River tummel 2019

glenelg100

Reaction score
I see it's starting to drop, so hopefully it will get to a fishable level.
At what level would you say is fishable, and at what level would you say stay at home and save the fuel money.

glenelg100

Reaction score
Anno, even if it will come down enough to fish portnacraig side for a few hours, I looked on fishpal earlier, it said 4'3"and falling, next time I look it says 4'7" and steady, so don't really know what to think

Last edited:

mc andy

Reaction score
Anno, even if it will come down enough to fish portnacraig side for a few hours, I looked on fishpal earlier, it said 4'3"and falling, next time I look it says 4'7" and steady, so don't really know what to think

I was up last Friday and they were messing about at the dam, river came up and feel away 6" at on point. Sure it was 2ft8 when we fished. Got down both sides but as you say portnacraig certainly better with higher water.

glenelg100

Reaction score
I'll keep an eye on it, if it's 4' I think I will give it s miss , don't fancy driving all the way there to just about turn and come back home, but itching to get a line in the water.

jimthefish

Reaction score
4 showing on the counter this evening on my daily walk.
Water temp is obviously rising with recent warm weather which is key to these first travellers through the Dam.