River Tummel 2018

glenelg100

Reaction score
Tightlines to you too, I have several days booked Dam and Lower Tummel , looking forward to it.

mc andy

Reaction score
I've been checking the availability for the lower Tummel since Christmas then when the day available came online April and May had already been sold? How is this possible?

I also Fished it last season so they haven't offered me the opportunity to fish my same days again so who is getting first opportunity.

keirstream

Reaction score
I've been checking the availability for the lower Tummel since Christmas then when the day available came online April and May had already been sold? How is this possible?

I also Fished it last season so they haven't offered me the opportunity to fish my same days again so who is getting first opportunity.
Think you'll find that estates are getting later at putting availability on Fishpal and booking out fishing directly with clients because of the charges incurred by selling through Fishpal. I understand an extra charge was added this year on top of the existing 10%
I would ditch them totally and simply publish my own availability online if I were a proprietor. Like Pitlochry Angling Club for example, although a better booking system than that.:)
Lower Tummell, I believe, is no different. I also understand they have gone mostly towards weekly lets and April and May being the most popular, have gone that way.
I would phone the estate and ask why you were not contacted, although, if you previously booked through Fishpal they would not have your details.

kingfisher

Reaction score
Kinnaird Estate have ditched going through FP as of this season due to costs.
They are just going to price themselves out the door.

Hemmy

Reaction score

Fishpal shows no loyalty.......first in with the money gets it

glenelg100

Reaction score

I called Athol Estates last Year enquiring about April and May, they apparently go to people that go Year in year out

Rrrr

Reaction score
Is there any day ticket water on the tummel that i could just buy a days fishing as and when it suits me ? Might be going up to kinloch rannoch for a week in march and may have a day on the tummel depending on, if day tickets are available/ if any fish are around there at that time/ if theres room for fishing gear in the car/ if the wife and kids let me get a days peace to go.
Cheers in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

glenelg100

Reaction score
Is there any day ticket water on the tummel that i could just buy a days fishing as and when it suits me ? Might be going up to kinloch rannoch for a week in march and may have a day on the tummel depending on, if day tickets are available/ if any fish are around there at that time/ if theres room for fishing gear in the car/ if the wife and kids let me get a days peace to go.

There are rods behind the dam , there are some rods on the Lower Tummel, you could also try East and West Haugh.
As for fish there should be some about but I’ve been at the dam when there’s lot about and still blanked.its just your Donald Duck.

Rrrr

Reaction score
There are rods behind the dam , there are some rods on the Lower Tummel, you could also try East and West Haugh.
As for fish there should be some about but I’ve been at the dam when there’s lot about and still blanked.its just your Donald Duck.
Cheers. Not 100% if we are going yet and may change it to later in the year or somewhere else yet but ill try and get a rod in the car if we do go as even if its a day casting and no fish about it keeps me happy.

mc andy

Reaction score
It's fine for me. He's advertising rods on beats that are showing no availability for the next two years:confused: but does have a few prime days on the lower Tummel available.

Denfield Bud

Reaction score
Can only assume that site sells rods for Athol Estates
Jock has probably a week,or will be guiding for someone who has asked him to fill some rods.I noticed he only advertised a couple of days availability in April.
I enquired and was told like Glenelg,accomodation/fishing booked in weeks were given priority,when someone is booking 24 rods and a lodge which sleeps 10 costing a few grand year on year ,you understand why they get priority.