River Thurso

tenet

Reaction score
I posted this on the original Thurso thread but for some reason doesn't appear on "new posts" link. Most odd.

Should have been travelling North today - sums up my year really. "28" inches on the gauge and the Loch full to overflowing. 25% deposit forfeit, no boat fishing on my favourite reservoirs, membership of a syndicate on a 26 acre lake wasted as water temps are circa 20c after the hot spell, pubs still shut and a Deer trying to decimate our garden. (see photo gallery).

Piker20

Reaction score
Thurso is filled with fish too. Lots leaping about all along tidal stretch last week or two.

Gauldalen

Reaction score
I see that the river’s management has started publishing daily catches for this week (week 28), does this mean that the river is back to «normal Business» ?

Gauldalen

Reaction score
Yes the thread works but my question was more about the search for a clarification of what has gone on and whether or not one can again book fishing on a normal basis? In other words, are the people who fish now, people who had booked their rods much earlier or are they new rods, who took advantage of the re-opening of the fishery? I could have been clearer in formulating my question, sorry!

Last edited:

Piker20

Reaction score
Yes the thread works but my question was more about the search for a clarification of what has gone on and whether or not one can again book fishing on a normal basis? In other words, are the people who fish now, people who had booked their rods much earlier or are they new rods, who took advantage of the re-opening of the fishery? I could have been clearer in formulating my question, sorry!
Just locals so far

Coneheads

Reaction score
Some great catches on the Thurso beats this week , 5 up to yesterday ? nearly as bad as 2018, but there was no river back then just a trickle, reports of a good stock of fish in the river, must be the water temperature putting them off the take , no heatwave up there ?

Piker20

Reaction score
It's low. Loads of fish in the tide launching out the water but needing a flush of water

tenet

Reaction score
Getting desperate now - forecast for the next 2 weeks shows very little rain and I'm up there at the end of the month. We need Kingfisher to make a late booking.?