River teith

Toby46

Reaction score
Has anyone fished the teith lately just looking for some info on water clarity seems a bit coloured lately also what’s a good height for it around Callander
Thanks

ArchieL

Reaction score
Never mind the river being a bit dirty , the loch's at the head of the system were dirty last weekend , seen pictures and cannot believe these lochs were all that dirty. Was there a massive landslide or Forestry work run off's ? My friend was out on Friday and fished hard for 3 hours and never seen a fish, river had a slight bit of colour in it. Callander you want high water which opens up lots of areas, if it is low then you are restricted to a few pools.

Toby46

Reaction score
Thanks for the help and info I was told that there had been a landslide about 2 week ago but thought it would have run off by now
Cheers

keirstream

Reaction score
Never mind the river being a bit dirty , the loch's at the head of the system were dirty last weekend , seen pictures and cannot believe these lochs were all that dirty. Was there a massive landslide or Forestry work run off's ? My friend was out on Friday and fished hard for 3 hours and never seen a fish, river had a slight bit of colour in it. Callander you want high water which opens up lots of areas, if it is low then you are restricted to a few pools.
Probably more than 3 weeks ago now there was a huge landslip into the Monachyle burn at the head of Loch Voil which slowly coloured both Voil and Luinaig and thus the Leny and Teith. The effects continue albeit at a lesser scale.
Below Lanrick, the pig's ear of a job on the fish pass that all and sundry continue to blame each other for, is keeping the Lower Teith with a fair supply of suspended solids. Even in the low water of 2 weeks ago it was nowhere near clear.:(