River Tees 2021

Tees88

Reaction score
Good start to the season on the Tees with 3 springers in a week & a couple of anglers had follows. Hoping to get pictures of the third fish.

Tees springer 3.jpg
Tees Springer.jpg
Tees Springer 1.jpg

Tees88

Reaction score
I'm local to the river, where and whose waters do you fish?
I'm in Stockton Anglers & also Eggleston Hall Syndicate. I will also fish broken scar every now & then which is free. There's fantastic water up and down the Tees for a very affordable price. If you need any more information, please feel free to get in touch.

This recent lift will have got some fish moving and I'm sure we'll hear of some action shortly.

Tees88

Reaction score
A nice hen fish caught earlier (not by me) on the upper Tees, I'll put the picture up later.

D

Deleted member 3847

It is comments like yours that make people think everything is ok with the Tees,
far from it tell it like it is, the Tees is a shadow of what it was, due to the Barrage, and as long as that is there,
It isnt getting any better.

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
It is comments like yours that make people think everything is ok with the Tees,
far from it tell it like it is, the Tees is a shadow of what it was, due to the Barrage, and as long as that is there,
That's an interesting attitude towards someone who has tried his best to try to get something done on that river.

D

Deleted member 3847

How am i supposed to know what he has done for the river?

Tees88

Reaction score
Even though you've deleted your account, I think it's worth replying to. I am at a loss to how my comments came across as "making people think everything is ok with the Tees". I firmly know the issues surrounding the Tees and I have spent years trying to resolve such issues. The post was just showing a couple of fish that people had caught as I know there are other people on here that do take an interest in how the Tees is doing & its future. I'd ask you to look back at the old threads which are a fountain of knowledge, suggestions, ideas & support.
That's an interesting attitude towards someone who has tried his best to try to get something done on that river.
Thanks, Graham, I'm not sure why I got that reaction from said person. Anyway, at a time when we've just hit a milestone; in that Fishtek has surveyed the Barrage & has produced a very comprehensive document detailing the issues, but more importantly solutions with detailed plans and costs to rectify such issues. This is vital information that we have never had & is now looking very promising for changes at the Barrage with the CRT firmly onboard. I first spoke to Fishtek in 2017 so to get to this point is a great feeling. Onwards & upwards

rawson

Reaction score
Chris I would like to hear what you have to say on the Tees Barrage issues and who commisioned Fishtek ;-)

Dalnashaugh

Reaction score
That sounds very promising, and thanks to all concerned.
I too would appreciate some details as to the Fishtek report and recommendations etc.
Cheers
Geoff

Tees88

Reaction score
Chris I would like to hear what you have to say on the Tees Barrage issues and who commisioned Fishtek ;-)
For a quick overview; the Barrage creates a honeypot for the Seals to predate on migratory fish. The fish pass is of a poor design and its location is in the wrong place with an extremely low attraction flow for the size of the Barrage basin. The WWC has excessive turbulent flows with the fish pass never running, plus it's problematic for fish to find due to the operation of the screw. The outlets when in high tide are a number of metres under the surface so are not ideal. The navigation look entrance is 70m below and creates a more intense situation for predation, plus requires manual intervention from the CRT operators. The gates are the best option at present for passing the barrage due to their size and high attraction flows, but these are only available for a short period of time when high tide is within its parameters for the gates to drop. Even then this creates numerous challenges for the fish to navigate. So with all that, we need to create a situation where fish can pass freely for a high percentage of the time, which in effect will also reduce predation.
That sounds very promising, and thanks to all concerned.
I too would appreciate some details as to the Fishtek report and recommendations etc.
Cheers
Geoff
Thanks, Geoff.
I will just confirm that I'm ok to distribute before I do so :)