River Tees 2020

Walleye

Reaction score
Unbelievable trout. Well done!
With your last day 20lb+ salmon from the Wear and this cracking trout from the Tees, you are getting the useful knack of catching specimen fish. Long may it continue!

C

cgaines10

Unbelievable trout. Well done!
With your last day 20lb+ salmon from the Wear and this cracking trout from the Tees, you are getting the useful knack of catching specimen fish. Long may it continue!

Thanks mate can’t wait for us to get out after those sea trout now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rrrr

Reaction score
Apologies for my lack of posting. It’s been rather quiet as you can imagine due to Covid 19. So there isn’t really much to report. I haven’t even been able to go to the barrage until this week.

Anyway, I had a great week on the Tees this week catching my PB trout;

I’ve also just been sent this. Which was caught yesterday at the barrage;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some trout that mind

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sperlash

Reaction score
I would understand if you didn't want to disclose where you fish on the tees,But i would be interested to know which club controls the water.I was a member of raby estates and stockton anglers over the last couple of seasons but havent bothered this year with a tees club and am missing the art of the dry fly!

Beefly Dave

Reaction score
Dropped by the barrage around high tide today, men at work on gate 1 so gate 4 had been dropped instead. Didn't see much apart from two large, blubbery creatures moving slowly along, I'm guessing on the hunt for their next meal.

Hopefully they'll soon be back at work and will shed the lycra ;)

Didn't see anything go through the gate in 30 mins, nor any of the seals grab owt. A few terns were plunging for something, maybe smolts?

C

cgaines10

There's been a lot of fish moving up past the Barrage this last week or so. This lift should also help get a few more up too.

Ian Alex

Reaction score
Just been reading about poaching problems on the Wear. The Tyne been that way for some time and Yorkshire Esk battles are notorious. Not sure the Tees is considered worth poaching but I'm sure it goes on below the barrage. Any thoughts ?