River Tees 2018

Smoggy

Reaction score
Oh & I forgot to say on my first message. Apparentky, there was no Salmon at all in the Tees in the 80s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really ???

Funny that when the pollution happened in 1984 by Hargreaves, if I remember correctly, dead salmon and sea trout were being pulled out of the Tees from Barnard Castle to the mouth of the Leven !

Junior fisher2001

Reaction score
Tees

Really ???

Funny that when the pollution happened in 1984 by Hargreaves, if I remember correctly, dead salmon and sea trout were being pulled out of the Tees from Barnard Castle to the mouth of the Leven !

You might know my dad "taddy" or coco as he was known then,he tells me stories of huge Salmon in the Tees at broken scar in the 80s and he has also told me that when hargreaves polluted the river the water people back then removed some huge salmon from the river,the head man then for the bailiff team was Harry Emmerson, and was harry who told my dad about the 40lbs that were dead near broken scar dam.
The other bailiff who fished was called Steven Balmer and old scots feller with a WW2 limp (fathers words) he used to swear that the fishes first stop was sockburn pool and fish can and according to dad still rest there till the river rises,and have done since he first fished the Tees for Salmon,Balmer favoured sockburn and he also favoured Blackwell free bit just above the bridge where the rocks are on the bend,Hurworth and Croft and Neasham areas were also very good for Salmon back then.

The let down for the Tees back then was pollution and around 1984 time my father worked at Portrack sewer works building a sewer plant,that was for two reasons one for sewage and the other was to start the process of cleaning the Tees as they was something in some Darlington newspaper about Salmon returning to the Tees.
When dad was a kid he fished odd matches in the junior section at Yarm and it wasnt uncommon to see seals back then in the river,also he has seen many dead salmon at Yarm near the skinworks that used to be there dead or dying-that was very late 70s when he was a proper small kid.Dad says that back then the Tees got a write up in Trout and Salmon magazine,but only when catches were made,we don't have any of those magazines any more they were all nicked when we got our house broke into,but somebody out there must have a collection to look at.

Last edited:

Euclid

Reaction score
Fishing Hot-Spots – the downside!

The spring fishing at Broken Scar on the Tees in the 80s was as good as if not better than Bywell on the Tyne,
and it was free :thumb:

Is it not the case that a relatively small number of fish experiencing difficulties negotiating a structure can create good sport for anglers in that area? This may just be at some flows (or even temperatures). Once easements are in place to let the fish through & assuming there are no other major obstructions upstream, then the sad truth descends! An awful lot of fish are require to give good sport throughout a whole river system, without the benefit of Angling Hot Spots

Junior fisher2001

Reaction score
Tees

Is it not the case that a relatively small number of fish experiencing difficulties negotiating a structure can create good sport for anglers in that area? This may just be at some flows (or even temperatures). Once easements are in place to let the fish through & assuming there are no other major obstructions upstream, then the sad truth descends! An awful lot of fish are require to give good sport throughout a whole river system, without the benefit of Angling Hot Spots

From what my father has told and learnt me is that back in the 80s Broken Scar weir was different,1, it had no rocks in front of the apron of the weir, 2, it had no denil fish pass in the middle which resulted in fish being trapped from about March/April time onwards unless it rained,now the flows have changed a lot to what they used to be.From fish to get from 'A'-'C' they have to first pass through 'B' but if 'B' is blocked the fish cant pass,and what fish did pass back then early on were flukes.Tees fishing now starts at the Tees barrage and after that can start at Low Worsal given a few inches of water,but even in the 1980s the fishing nearly always started from Neasham Hurworth Sockburn areas,places like Middleton One Row look the part but rarely hold any decent amounts of fish like the other places,so even in the 80s what fish entered the river had preferences as to where they would eventually end up by say May time and it was nearly always below Broken scar down to Neasham areas-not up river at Egglestone or where ever,so what fish did enter were easily located and easily caught.

D

Deleted member 3847

So the same can be said about the fish pass at bywell, a well known temperature barrier, how many springers are caught above it,
what i said was that broken scar was as good as bywell, as a beat, not the whole river, i fished the tees in the 80s and i was in bywell syndicate for a few years, just saying it like it it was, did you fish broken scar or bywell? If nobody fished Angling Hot Spots as you call them catch returns would be well down all over the country, p.s. there was no obstructions at brokens scar at the time that mattered, until they built the DAM downtsream and called it the barrage, and as long as that structure is in place in its present form the Tees is f/.,;d

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21851

Is it just convenient for them to say there were no salmon in the Tees in the 80's? Then it makes the current situation look like good progress?
Strange that they would say that when anglers experiences were much different.

Agree about the barriers - broken scar, bywell, wylam bridge pool, free stretch, even Chester le Street to some extent. Wherever there is a man made barrier there is good fishing below it.
Everywhere else you really need to know your river. What is important is that knowledge doesn't get lost - fair play to Taddy and his son for sharing.

Junior fisher2001

Reaction score
says it all

Is it just convenient for them to say there were no salmon in the Tees in the 80's? Then it makes the current situation look like good progress?
Strange that they would say that when anglers experiences were much different.

Agree about the barriers - broken scar, bywell, wylam bridge pool, free stretch, even Chester le Street to some extent. Wherever there is a man made barrier there is good fishing below it.
Everywhere else you really need to know your river. What is important is that knowledge doesn't get lost - fair play to Taddy and his son for sharing.

As for barriers well yes exactly what my dad says and has been saying to me,anglers are expecting way too much from the upper Tees early in the season,if one was to read through the posts,from Tees seasons we never ever see a angler talking about where the fish actually are,they talk of up stream past broken scar and wonder why theys no fish in say Feb or March time even April some years.Seems to me and dad that the Tees has a good set of followers which is great for the Tees how ever a lot of them seem to Think they have it all worked out after say 1-5 years of fishing experience! in say one or two locations on the Tees usually past Broken Scar area,dont forget salmon fishing is close nit community and the Tees is no exception to the rule,so in the 80s fish every single year were caught between Broken Scar and say Sockburn/Neasham area,and now they arn't? seems strange don't it?

Anyway this PDF DOC contradicts what was said at the meeting last week? also dad says because they had a fishing guide present at the meeting, that doesnt make things right,and because he is a guide that don't always mean the guide will know his stuff either-me and dad met that guide last year at Gainford one day,his claim to fame was taking the"Fonz"out fishing (Henry Winkler) ok that's cool :thumb: i suppose,but dad seemed to think that nothing this guide said was "Correctomundo"

anyway heres the PDF DOC

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/library/7183-cefas-report-river-tees.pdf

Ian Alex

Reaction score
Tees action

So can we rekindle your energy and count on your support Ian? It would be great to have you involved.

Yes, of course. I have sent pm to Chris.

Yes, and just to confirm Salmon were present in numbers in the Tees in the 80's. I remember the Hargreaves incident very well. I'd just got in from work, when my late father cycled over to tell there was utter chaos on the river below Broken Scar, people were in the river grabbing dying fish including a goodly number of large Salmon. The Bailiffs turned up and warned people not to eat the fish.

I took my kids for a walk at the weekend after, and photographed numerous dead fish, fish still dying ect.

The best picture I have is of a hen fish, taken on the gravels below the big turn of the River below Manfield Scar.

Forlorn, her eggs hanging out ( crows ? ) She lay there , I remember thinking at the time, Salmon !!! I'd never seen a Salmon on the Tees before. I
estimated her weight at around 15lbs.

Ian Alex

Reaction score
Heatwave , no end in sight.

The forecast for the next ten days is more of the same, zero prospects of any rain.
Sooner or later, an official drought is sure to be announced.

I haven't cast a line yet, and have no intention of whilst this weather continues. With further heatwave expected through July and august, this season is pretty much a write off.

Also account to Trout and Salmon magazine, a warming sea Temperature and an explosion in the mackerel and herring numbers are pushing salmon further north to feed. The grisle run is in severe decline everywhere. It might be that only 2Sw fish will be left to run in the future.

Junior fisher2001

Reaction score
Record Catches

Record salmon catches on River Tees - Fishupdate.com - FISHupdate

http://www.environmentdata.org/archive/ealit:1385/OBJ/19001163.pdf

https://wyeuskfoundation.org/problems/downloads/Tyne Hatchery Report.pdf

BBC NEWS | England | Tees | Study shows river salmon increase

Some reading ! But it does say that Salmon are doing ok on the Tees.Alright according to the old man the figures are way out when it comes to rod catches,and if those figures are true then that must mean that who ever is doing the fish counts from rod returns is fixing the Tees catch numbers,as 27 isn't the real figure.This is not the first time that rod catches can be questioned,as the old man says that this has also happend on the Wear where when fisherman sent in their retruns the very next season or after the counts,it was printed in some fishing mag that only a certain number of fish were caught and hundred and hundreds of fish wernt took in to consideration,well if that can happen on the nearby Wear im sure it can also happen on the Tees. Other words dont trust what the E/A say about fish counts.

Junior fisher2001

Reaction score
The forecast for the next ten days is more of the same, zero prospects of any rain.
Sooner or later, an official drought is sure to be announced.

I haven't cast a line yet, and have no intention of whilst this weather continues. With further heatwave expected through July and august, this season is pretty much a write off.

Also account to Trout and Salmon magazine, a warming sea Temperature and an explosion in the mackerel and herring numbers are pushing salmon further north to feed. The grisle run is in severe decline everywhere. It might be that only 2Sw fish will be left to run in the future.

My old feller says summit a whole lot different about the Grilse runs in the uk,what is considered a grilse? (for newbs in the forums) ? a fish under 8Lb or there abouts? or maybe 12LB in some areas like Yorkshire? how do we tell the diff between grilse and salmon? i know they both the same,but they isnt no way to tell as far as we know.
As for grilse declining,well far from it as last season on the Wear all the fish barely exceeded 12lbs where as the year before the fish seemed bigger,during both seasons gone and the last year the wall was open the griles runs that ran the wear were amazing like what grilse runs are supposed to be.

As for not wanting to cast a line well "to the victor belongs the spoils" " nothing ventured nothing gained" an all that jazz ! the salmon aint going to jump on the bus at north tees hospital and end up in eaglescliffe on your door step wrapped up in ribbons !
When was the last time you actually fished for salmon IAN ALEX? this season? or last? when was the last time your caught and what is your average? please [per year]
Im new at salmon fishing but i have my dad who you know isnt new at salmon fishing and so far everything you say Ian alex isnt making sense,as when i go out fishing with the old man he takes me to places where we will at least see fish or have greater chances of a actual catch..
So what you are saying ian alex is that everything is declining by the sounds,when in fact the rivers in this area are all doing rather well,as for the season being a right off,well again the old man says that droughty conditions dont hurt nothing and when it does rain an amount of fish will push in to the systems,bring 1ks of fish at a time,unlike last season after June when the fish trickled up the rivers all year.
So how many fish have you seen this season Ian? have you been out as yet ? the Tees needs people like you to be positive not negative towards the Tees and what ya say hold no substance what so ever.

Grilse decline on north east rivers -new one is that..lol

Ian Alex

Reaction score
2018 season

I'll be out when the heatwave ends and not before.

I've been around the River Tees for 40 years, so I think I know something. Dry fly fishing for trout and grayling was always my main interest. Only in the last few years has Salmon Angling interested me.

By the way, junior. A grilse is a Salmon that's spent only one winter at sea before returning to spawn.

Ian Alex

Reaction score
New Patterns

I'll be out when the heatwave ends and not before.

I've been around the River Tees for 40 years, so I think I know something. Dry fly fishing for trout and grayling was always my main interest. Only in the last few years has Salmon Angling interested me.

By the way, junior. A grilse is a Salmon that's spent only one winter at sea before returning to spawn.

As I related before, I'd been considering some new fly designs with the Tees in mind. I came up with a blue pattern amongst others, principally it should attract trout, pike and perhaps Salmon and Sea trout. I named it Tees Blue. IMG_20180507_110140.jpg The Body is a dark Metallic Blue tinsel with a oval rib rib, and wing is a mix of white and yellow bucktail with two strands of blue Krystal flash. False Hackle of Kingfisher blur cock hackle. Hook is a Partridge Low Water Double with the long shank. I've also gone slightly beyond the standard Stoat Tail and Silver Stoat to make what I call a Black Stoat, which is totally black lol. And a new all round streamer which may work for Salmon,Sea Trout, Brown Trout and No doubt it will work for Mackerel too in Salt Water situations. The attractor for this streamer is it's Peacock,Chartreuse and Mint fine flash overwing on top of fine black bucktail . Hackle and Tail are Green Chinese Cock, Body Black floss with sliver rib.

Junior fisher2001

Reaction score
5 years

As I related before, I'd been considering some new fly designs with the Tees in mind. I came up with a blue pattern amongst others, principally it should attract trout, pike and perhaps Salmon and Sea trout. I named it Tees Blue. View attachment 30962 The Body is a dark Metallic Blue tinsel with a oval rib rib, and wing is a mix of white and yellow bucktail with two strands of blue Krystal flash. False Hackle of Kingfisher blur cock hackle. Hook is a Partridge Low Water Double with the long shank. I've also gone slightly beyond the standard Stoat Tail and Silver Stoat to make what I call a Black Stoat, which is totally black lol. And a new all round streamer which may work for Salmon,Sea Trout, Brown Trout and No doubt it will work for Mackerel too in Salt Water situations. The attractor for this streamer is it's Peacock,Chartreuse and Mint fine flash overwing on top of fine black bucktail . Hackle and Tail are Green Chinese Cock, Body Black floss with sliver rib.

5 Years ! well me dad has 38 behind him and you say he knows nowt? From what i have read from your previous posts is this,you in the past have said different things to what you are now saying,now you are saying what my dad has said and other forum members.

With only 5 years behind you saying that my dad knows nothing is one hell of a statement :shocked: and what you have been writing lately is only what other forum members have written in the past and of course some are my fathers words.
That is the problem with Tees anglers who use these forums,some not all seem to have it all worked out like you,,with only a few years behind them as Tees fishers.The long term fishers who sometimes use these forums know different and quite a lot log in or use the forums as GUESTS,so what we have is a load of newcomers who fish past Broken Scar mostly,and rarely report catches,and rarely catch for that matter,seem to have it all worked out,want all wild life killing off in the name of their sport,and do nothing but winge about seals,otters and birds,thinking that these preds will make salmo extinct ! :lol::lol:

Yes of course i know that a grilse is a one year sea salmon and traditionally in the northern part of the northumbria area we treat any salmon under 8lbs as so,or 12lbs in yorkshire area,me dad still has a yorkshire license somewhere with the grilse sizes on it.So it would be fair to say that grilse are smaller than other salmon not defined as grilse? Now if you seem to think that the numbers are dwindling well that seems to show that you dont get out much and by what you have written earlier on have zero faith in your self and no faith what so ever in the Tees or by the sounds any other river.Because of drought conditions?

One of the very first Tees things i learnt was that when the salmon leave the barrage area they fly through Stockton,Thornaby and Yarm,rarely stopping,so places like Yarm are out as far as salmon fishing is concerned,any one knows this-blatently obviuos,the fish easily pass Dinsdale weir/ford,so from there where do they go-what is number one stop after the barrage? well a big clue its past disndale weir-in low water-Sockburn where they can rest for months-thats not that far from where you live,straight through Yarm back road past Worsal then take a right for Girsby,follow the road over the bridge,theys some ok holding spots around that area but no where near as good as sockburn,get to girsby park up at the dead end road in a village that has about 6 houses and a small church,follow the track down to the river,cross the foot bridge,you are now in the middle road to Sockburn on a public footpath,follow to the old church area,that is it your there :thumb:you will or should be able to work out where the fish are once there,best times are evening hour or so before dark and all through the night till first light,spring time it fishes through the day but the fish dont hold like they do at this time of year with little water.

Tees Blue

looks a nice thought about pattern,yellow or gold bucktail works well on a 2 inch (max) tube when the tees has a little water in it,with some black hair or wing if ya like,or firey red and yellow.When low father swears by black and silver be it tubes or on the Iron,that is the norm what he has taught me and it works well for him so it should work for others,but as with all fishing what works for one may not ever work for the other person.

yer little switch rod should be perfect for this time of year when its low like this,plus yer can fish real light lines and very small flies unlike a full sized salmon rod.But ive always been taught never to go under equipped and a switch rod falls in that cat of under equipped on a river like the Tees,if it were for the Yorks Esk well a switch rod like that would be a over kill,suppose a rod like that would be ok for pools but if you were stood some where and hooked a fish and it took off downstream in fast currents and they was no way to follow it down,well 11 foot rod armed with 7-9# line and say 12 hook aint going to be much help if ya have to drag the fish up towards you,then if you were to get the fish in im sure it would be tired,now do you want to be playing fish this way? tireing them out? you see that is the difference between 5 years and 38 years on the Tees.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
One of the very first Tees things i learnt was that when the salmon leave the barrage area they fly through Stockton,Thornaby and Yarm,rarely stopping,so places like Yarm are out as far as salmon fishing is concerned,any one knows this-blatently obviuos,the fish easily pass Dinsdale weir/ford,so from there where do they go-what is number one stop after the barrage? well a big clue its past disndale weir-in low water-Sockburn where they can rest for months-thats not that far from where you live,straight through Yarm back road past Worsal then take a right for Girsby,follow the road over the bridge,theys some ok holding spots around that area but no where near as good as sockburn,get to girsby park up at the dead end road in a village that has about 6 houses and a small church,follow the track down to the river,cross the foot bridge,you are now in the middle road to Sockburn on a public footpath,follow to the old church area,that is it your there :thumb:you will or should be able to work out where the fish are once there,best times are evening hour or so before dark and all through the night till first light,spring time it fishes through the day but the fish dont hold like they do at this time of year with little water.

Shhhhhh!:D

Is the river not pretty low at the moment? There won't be loads running anyway and from Middleton One Row upwards there is likely to be a lot of weed growing, it can be pretty thick from One Row, past the Roman Ford up through all the shallows to the Low Dinsdale > Over Dinsdale road bridge and then through Sockburn, Neasham and all the way through to Hurworth Bridge. The river will take a bit of a wash out to help the fish up easily into Sockburn and make some (fly) fishable water too. I'd guess most of the fish already in the river are hunkered down deep all day. The Tees always carries a bit of suspended matter and unless you know exactly where to look it used to be nigh on impossible to see the lying fish in the lower river. From my very limited experience, when the next flush of water is running off, the run out from the pool to the SE of the 'new' Sockburn Hall can be a good place to take a summer fish on the fly.

When you say 'Sockburn Pool', do you mean the one above where the old fish locks and Weir used to be, by 'Fish Locks House'?

Thing is, most Salmon fishermen are increasingly trying to take a fish on a limited number of presentations, nearly all with a fly rod. In these conditions, when the fish are well spread out and playing hard to get fishing the fly in daylight isn't going to get many fish. Most folk (including me) would probably catch more if they fished bait, fished at night and fished the places that don't look quite so pretty. However, we don't all want to do that and it's a free country so live and let live.

Stivy

Reaction score
Thats my old man mate and like i have said what he dont know not worth knowing! he goes out fishing and studies the situation and can catch in all water heights,so far Ian i have yet to hear of you actually making a catch,dad thinks he knows you from Broken Scar back in the day? you may have told him off once when he was a kid for chucking a fag end into the river-if that was you who telt him off as a kid,he has never done that since,he seems to think that was you and even after all said and done and the cheeky way you talk about my father who can tie you in a 1,000 different knots,he still says that you aint such a bad lad just one of them who does a lot of reading and n0t actually one of those who gets out on the rivers,other words a mouthy tw*t,he did say to me that if ya ever fancy a day evening he dont mind showing you where the tees fish are and dont mind "learning you the ropes" :thumb: as it seems that you talk a load of complete garbage :tongue::tongue: he back in 22nd july.and will be posting his catches,you could have done that if the rod wasnt under lock and key,and you actually get out and at least try.

Hi Junior, I like your dad and we have been in a lot of contact since I came on this board and consider him to be a pal. I am not sure if those are your words or your dad's but......It is everyone's own choice when they choose to fish and that should be respected. This board is a much better place when posters are not dishing out insults.

Junior fisher2001

Reaction score
in response

Sorry to have come across the wrong way,but it was in response to what IAN ALEX said about my dad.

Screenshot from 2018-07-03 16-48-25.jpg

So that is why i written what i did,and of course it's fine for anyone to fish anywhere at any time of the year,but in that paragraph i written it does explain or half explain why people don't catch or see fish when they go out,for example trying to spot Salmon past Broken Scar in the months of Feb,March and April,when in the real world anything that is up that far are flukes depending on water heights of course.

Ian has said he got what 5 years salmon fishing behind him, so what was written was a bit of advice then.Not an insult like the one he written.

Stivy

Reaction score
Sorry to have come across the wrong way,but it was in response to what IAN ALEX said about my dad.

View attachment 30964

So that is why i written what i did,and of course it's fine for anyone to fish anywhere at any time of the year,but in that paragraph i written it does explain or half explain why people don't catch or see fish when they go out,for example trying to spot Salmon past Broken Scar in the months of Feb,March and April,when in the real world anything that is up that far are flukes depending on water heights of course.

Ian has said he got what 5 years salmon fishing behind him, so what was written was a bit of advice then.Not an insult like the one he written.

I get that mate but us salmon fishers need to be on the same side.

Junior fisher2001

Reaction score
I get that mate but us salmon fishers need to be on the same side.

Yes i agree totally but with salmon fishing it ain't ever going to happen as each and everyone of us disagrees with the other person,and in the salmon fishing world you will always get people like Ian Alex who think they are gods gift to salmon fishers (after 5 years experience) behind them.

My old man goes out of his way to help people catch fish he always has done,he sort of gets off on it when people catch especially when he has put them on to a marker or fishing peg where ever,now from what i have read in here (previous) posts) i don't see anybody really putting anyone onto places where salmon are,and yet my father has to sit there and take it while he is er 'missing in action' after all the help he gives people,never seen a post yet from ian alex explaining where to see or catch salmon,in fact no body is posting,about salmon catches or markers on the Tees,all i ever read about is meetings with who ever and seals and wild mammals being culled.

That makes worse reading about meetings, but especially reading the negative comments about so called sportsmen and women wanting everything from seals to birds killed - in the name of sport-right or wrong? So stivvy i agree in a way,how ever don't go blame me for what i said,he rarely has a go at anyone and only ever bites back when he is bitten first.And i ain't going to sit there and say nowt when the old man is slagged off by some amature from 'Eaglescliffe'who hasnt really contributed anything on a positive note to the thread/forums

Stivy

Reaction score
Yes i agree totally but with salmon fishing it ain't ever going to happen as each and everyone of us disagrees with the other person,and in the salmon fishing world you will always get people like Ian Alex who think they are gods gift to salmon fishers (after 5 years experience) behind them.

My old man goes out of his way to help people catch fish he always has done,he sort of gets off on it when people catch especially when he has put them on to a marker or fishing peg where ever,now from what i have read in here (previous) posts) i don't see anybody really putting anyone onto places where salmon are,and yet my father has to sit there and take it while he is er 'missing in action' after all the help he gives people,never seen a post yet from ian alex explaining where to see or catch salmon,in fact no body is posting,about salmon catches or markers on the Tees,all i ever read about is meetings with who ever and seals and wild mammals being culled.

That makes worse reading about meetings, but especially reading the negative comments about so called sportsmen and women wanting everything from seals to birds killed - in the name of sport-right or wrong? So stivvy i agree in a way,how ever don't go blame me for what i said,he rarely has a go at anyone and only ever bites back when he is bitten first.And i ain't going to sit there and say nowt when the old man is slagged off by some amature from 'Eaglescliffe'who hasnt really contributed anything on a positive note to the thread/forums

I get all that Junior and you make a number of good points. It's good that you have a clearer way of writing than your dad by the way. (that's a joke Taddy!)
And yes you are right. Taddy won't hear about seals or fish eating birds being culled whilst I would clear the lot of them out of the river. So we agree to disagree on that.
In terms of biting back.....I have had the same from a poster on here. Personal insults which really annoyed me and made my blood boil. I just went home and did extra rounds on the punchbag to get it out of my system. There are a couple of posters on here who seem to get off on winding people up and your dad is an easy target for them. I don't think Ian Alex is one of them by the way.
If you type your feelings and trade insults then they will think they have succeeded. For every bad comment about your dad there must be 20 complimentary comments. I don't think there is another poster on here who knows as much as your dad.

Ian Alex

Reaction score
Tees system

I've decided my time on this forum is at an end.

Good luck to you all. And if I can slip it in, congratulations to England.

Best regards,
Ian

C

cgaines10

Hello everyone!

That’s me back to business after my holidays. I’m looking forward to setting a line again and will be giving the Tees a good go soon, I just hope we get some rain.

I’ve just had a quick glance at the above comments. What’s been going on? Lol. Let’s keep the focus on improving the Tees and I hope others have success this year.

The guys at the Barrage have managed to get this footage with the new camera they have got. I’ve asked them if the can do the fish pass entrance, this is from upstream of the pass.

I’ll follow up with a document on the fish pass which is a pretty good read too.

Also, thanks to all the people that have sent me a private message offering your support. It’s appreciated so much and will help us massively going forward. Please get in touch if you would like to be a part of the group in anyway possible.

Cheers, Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkView attachment Tees Barrage Seminar Denil Fish Pass.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Wilkinson

Banned
Reaction score
Bitterness

I recommend you don't waste your life on bitterness Junior,

Think of this, my old man went through two World Wars and had to work over 80 hours a week running a power station and turbine-manufacturing plant in World War 11 and was paid in War Bonds. I hardly saw him until I was c 10 when he took me up to Ness, Tay and Conon to learn fishing. I never heard him complain other than he had a protected occupation and could not get in the Royal Navy as an engineer. My X-mas toys as a kid were made from scrap wood. My first fishing rod was part of a tank aerial with a greenheart top. That's really living. Kiss and make up - it's for the best. r

Folk post on these sites and often don't see the damage, I'm sure that is the case here. Tight Lines

Last edited:

Beefly Dave

Reaction score
51 counted for june. Saw a sea trout take gate 1 today and 2 salmon that didn't make it that far.