River Nith

madmax

Reaction score
Wow that’s a novelty a Nith salmon. Well done mate better than I’ve done this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Good to see a fish from the nith so very well done :thumb: it's a shame the rivers in the state that it's in :sad:

scotsmac1

Reaction score
Well done
I grew up fishing Solway rivers and the way they and especially the Nith crashed is a disgrace.
Firstly the Farmers and their Slurry. Nitrates. Pesticides. Generally using the river as dumping ground. Then the Forestry draining the headwaters and planting trees that Spew our Acid killing any par.
But it was the sudden collapse in last 4 years that is a serious concerning issue. We’ve heard the Story’s of the Spanish fishing boats scooping all SW Rives fish. The sea full of lice. I’m personally sceptical about the fishing boat theory. The lice have been their lot longer than last 4 yrs.
I’m wondering if any fracking or drilling been going on this last few years and some new toxins are seeping in ?
But it the lack of investigation on the water clarity or changes in the estuary that amazes me
With the collapse being so quick surely you would think it warrants some major investigation