River Nith 2020

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I really hope you boy's fishing the nith have a better season ??. Tightlines to all ?

Wee Porters

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the landslip is that has closed the railway?

Found this online.

Engineers are working to repair the landslip beneath a 50m stretch of track near Holywood in Dumfriesshire. Firstly, the engineers have to construct a new road and compound to bring material to the site, to allow them to begin the process of stabilising and rebuilding the embankment.

Thrasher

Reaction score
There was a picture too Tam, kind of looked like the railway pool but the tonnages they were talking about seemed huge? Didn't seem to be quite right couldn't see the eletricity poles either but it is one of the few places the river is close to the railway near Holywood.
The haul road might be down the field from the Holm Farm to the embankment?

Thrasher

Reaction score
I am now wondering if it is Dalswinton, is it the Policemans pool or along that stretch, he BBC report said 1,700 tonne slippage, damned high bank there.

Grilse1

Reaction score
Just been told visitors ticket £150 for the upper . No salmon to be taken ...... not sure if sea trout included in that waiting on email to confirm this

Thrasher

Reaction score
Board are recommending no more than 1 sea trout per day as part of the Nith 2020 conservation plan. Beats can no doubt make it 100% return if they wish.

Wee Porters

Reaction score
Board are recommending no more than 1 sea trout per day as part of the Nith 2020 conservation plan. Beats can no doubt make it 100% return if they wish.

Going by the Drumlanrig Castle website it says two sea trout [ up to 3lb] per day can be retained up here. Not sure how up to date it is.

Grilse1

Reaction score
It is under the "voluntary" regs part of the conservation plan.

I got the email yesterday saying 1 sea trout per day I haven’t taken one in years but just like to know the option is there If I do want one

Thrasher

Reaction score
Went and got my club ticket this afternoon although I won't get out tomoorrow.
For anyone venturing to the Nith opening and wetting a line, tight lines.

SOLWAYSALMO

Reaction score
I'll be up at drumlanrig for opening day ceremony starts at 9.30am should be good to get a catch up with a few friendly faces fishing I think will be a challenge but never the less all good fun.

SOLWAYSALMO

Reaction score
Good day up at drumlanrig nothing caught but good to see some old faces turned out a lovely day although cold in the morning shame to hear old tony the plumber passed away lovely man used to have a good chin wag with him.

ticket being purchased on saturday morning so watch out salmon solways gona get ya.

fishingdaft

Reaction score
Hi Nith fishers..I have fished the nith for a few years mainly the beat up at Sanquar.I have fished it from top of beat to bottom..Was wondering if anyone has fished the beat next to sanquar at bottom i don't think its thornhill but have never heard anyone say they have fished it..looks a lot like the beat is same as sanquar with rough wading and fishing plenty trees..is it a private stretch or can you get tickets to fish here and where would you get them

Many thanks Fd

Last edited: