River Leven/loch Lomond 2021

BigMalc

Reaction score
Am going to get a permit for the Leven this session, looking forward to getting out on the water.

Rosslinden0

Reaction score
So has the association said what the plan for the new season is, will it be closed like what happened last year or will it be left to angler to decide if they live "local", I've seen a few yakers posting videos from the loch this week so I'm assuming fishing will be open.

highlander gus

Reaction score
No information on anything so far the AGM has been postponed still waiting for the annual report, and that will be interesting to see what numbers were caught (excluding farmed salmon) as for it being opened or closed don't think the Scot Gov has said no fishing, but I might be wrong only 3 weeks to go till the opening day...then 12 weeks till the first springers turn up :LOL::LOL:

torinch

Reaction score
I reckon there will be more than a few waiting to see if it will be worth buying a permit this season, last year during the lockdown the Leven towpath was full of walkers, joggers dog walkers , cyclists but if you went down with a rod in your hand you faced a ban from the association.
Local anglers who could even walk to the river could'nt get out for a socially distant cast or 2 they are saying this lockdown might go on till Easter thats half the season gone but they will still want full whack for a permit.

highlander gus

Reaction score
I reckon there will be more than a few waiting to see if it will be worth buying a permit this season, last year during the lockdown the Leven towpath was full of walkers, joggers dog walkers , cyclists but if you went down with a rod in your hand you faced a ban from the association.
Local anglers who could even walk to the river could'nt get out for a socially distant cast or 2 they are saying this lockdown might go on till Easter thats half the season gone but they will still want full whack for a permit.
aye they haven't said one way or the other, one way to make space is a size 4/0 treble on a spinner :LOL: they will give you plenty of room then

lexi

Reaction score
Of course they want full wack. They need it, as the costs for them are the same. If you have the money, support your club.

jonnieb

Reaction score
A well, looks like some of us will miss the start of the new season due to travel restrictions etc, don’t even know if it’s gonna open on the 11th surely someone knows, however due to the restrictions I will not be able to go,so I’ve decided to go magnet fishing up the nolly, never know I might catch a steelhead 😂😂 ,, bye the way the nolly is within my travel limit...good luck to anyone fishing on the opening day 👍👍

cairn

Reaction score
Gtb still waitin for answer to email sent December time..see u look in here so answer please not just for u any comtee member answer...even put something on website

highlander gus

Reaction score
Well still nothing on the LLAIA web page so good luck to those fishing tomorrow blowing of the closed season cobwebs, don't forget to pack your anti freeze :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: keep an eye on the kelt's you catch to see if there are farmers amongst them as i'm sure they must have tried to pair up during spawning, I believe they were sighted in the lower Endrick so who knows what they have done.

fachabala

Reaction score
Morning all, just going through the door for the first cast of the season, its a bit dodgy underfoot and probably worse on the riverbank probably try to stick it out till lunchtime no guarantee of it though, as far as I,m led to believe if you are within the zone limitations then you are free to fish .Only those from outside that will have problems, so best of luck to everyone who fishes the system ,also may I mention how sad ( and shocked) to hear of the passing of Yorkie may god rest him, another character gone,so once again best of luck.

tealblue

Reaction score
Just been out on river for a walk a few brave anglers out. The bad news there were two farmers caught on the top pool this morning, spinning was the method.

highlander gus

Reaction score
Just been out on river for a walk a few brave anglers out. The bad news there were two farmers caught on the top pool this morning, spinning was the method.
Were these Kelt farmers as there won't be any fresh farm fish in the system the last escape was further north and the fish were only around a pound so wouldn't have made it very far from their location.

Anglers need to be careful what they are killing if the LLAIA have pictures of these fish it would be beneficial to put these up so Angler have a better idea as it's illeagle to kill a kelt .
at least the hardy souls got their rods bent

fachabala

Reaction score
Did not even get out of the car yesterday as it was to cold ,sat and read the papers had a brew then back home again ,main objective was to try out new line I got for Xmas but that can wait for another day, Two farmed salmon from the top pool ,both chapped I hope and scale samples taken , we can probably expect to see examples of these fish turning up all season we,ll just have to wait and see ,tight lines and screaming reels to you all,,,,

highlander gus

Reaction score
Water has dropped a good bit was out on Saturday, caught nothing and saw a couple of rises possible trout, still nice to get out on the water and the water wasn't that cold :ROFLMAO: the joys of clearing ice from you rod eyes, seen a few anglers about but didn't hear of any thing being caught

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
Were these Kelt farmers as there won't be any fresh farm fish in the system the last escape was further north and the fish were only around a pound so wouldn't have made it very far from their location.

Anglers need to be careful what they are killing if the LLAIA have pictures of these fish it would be beneficial to put these up so Angler have a better idea as it's illeagle to kill a kelt .
at least the hardy souls got their rods bent
The picture of the farmer I was shown showed a fish in the same condition as the farmers getting caught last season (surprisingly). Someone mentioned another escape?