River Kent

Pancho

Reaction score
Iv heard nothing on the Kent, a few caught on Irt, Esk, Ehen and further north on Derwent but heard of no news from the Kent Panco

Done a bit of research apparently Burneyside have done quite well lot of water so fish may have headed for the hills although the run has still been poor .I fished today and caught a 6 lb Sea Trout and a 5lb brownie both safely returned

carma2

Reaction score
Heard a whisper of a very big fish from the Kent , anybody know?

Pancho

Reaction score
Had a 5lb coloured grilse today safely returned

So since my whinge on Sunday I caught a 6 lb Sea Trout and a 5lb brownie yesterday and a Salmon today

I should moan more often LOL

mastercaster

Reaction score
I heard some details of the capture last weekend, if I recall it was taken at Watercrook spinning, but I was around 7 pints in at that stage and I may be recalling incorrectly!

Having spoken to a few of my angling friends the past couple of weeks the picture does not seem good. Very few fish even with the good water and heights we've had for the past 6 weeks or so.

Pancho

Reaction score
I heard some details of the capture last weekend, if I recall it was taken at Watercrook spinning, but I was around 7 pints in at that stage and I may be recalling incorrectly!

Having spoken to a few of my angling friends the past couple of weeks the picture does not seem good. Very few fish even with the good water and heights we've had for the past 6 weeks or so.

Very few fish mate I have fished hard all week with my mate a very accomplished Salmon Angler he fishes Levens as well as KAA and I fish KAA Levens and KAA were pretty much as dead as a Dodo we managed a small grilse each but only saw two fish show all week when the river should be bouncing with fish given the water worrying times indeed

mastercaster

Reaction score
Had a walk of the river this morning just above town from Busher Walk right up to the Mint meetings pool. Water was spot on, hint of colour, no leaves. Didn't see a fin move and even more surprising not a single rod out. Think it pretty much says it all for the back end salmon fishing on the North West rivers:(

Pancho

Reaction score
Had a walk of the river this morning just above town from Busher Walk right up to the Mint meetings pool. Water was spot on, hint of colour, no leaves. Didn't see a fin move and even more surprising not a single rod out. Think it pretty much says it all for the back end salmon fishing on the North West rivers:(

Fished golf course today mate not a fin

mastercaster

Reaction score
Another big river this morning, we live in hope that a big run of fish will be arriving at the bottom end today

My two youngest who are now 4 and 9 keep hassling me to take them fishing the past few weeks but whereas when I started 35 years ago with my dad, we'd see many fish jump out and keep the interest levels high, but now I'm reluctant to take them when the chance of seeing a fish let alone hooking one is low and boredom quickly sets in.

long Preston

Reaction score
That's a pretty unfair and insulting comment to those who fish the Kent mate the old days are gone most fish are now returned

now come on -take the joke for what it was-the old days as you put it are not that long ago

long Preston

Reaction score
its awfully sad to see how few fish there are these days. went through some of my dads fishing diaries with him the other day-he's 82 and fished the kent pre disease-I'm 60 and can still remember the pools at the back of mintsfeet full of salmon-the water so clear you could count the fish lying in the pools-he rarley failed to catch-he fished mintsfeet down to the busher walk when the water was at normal height and water crook or bluebell when the water was up-never needed to go anywhere else. seatrout fishing on water crook was pretty good as well!
I wonder if we will ever see those days again

mastercaster

Reaction score
Seeing the boat house pool and suicide terrace full of fish was a sight to behold LP. You'd often have to queue up fish the pools through in October. We all live in hope that those days return

Pancho

Reaction score
now come on -take the joke for what it was-the old days as you put it are not that long ago

Agree mate but I have seen a massive transformation in the Kent in the past 5 years so lets not give the EA any ammo to beat us up with when its not justified eh

Pancho

Reaction score
Another big river this morning, we live in hope that a big run of fish will be arriving at the bottom end today

My two youngest who are now 4 and 9 keep hassling me to take them fishing the past few weeks but whereas when I started 35 years ago with my dad, we'd see many fish jump out and keep the interest levels high, but now I'm reluctant to take them when the chance of seeing a fish let alone hooking one is low and boredom quickly sets in.

My mate had 3 today mate

Pancho

Reaction score
its awfully sad to see how few fish there are these days. went through some of my dads fishing diaries with him the other day-he's 82 and fished the kent pre disease-I'm 60 and can still remember the pools at the back of mintsfeet full of salmon-the water so clear you could count the fish lying in the pools-he rarley failed to catch-he fished mintsfeet down to the busher walk when the water was at normal height and water crook or bluebell when the water was up-never needed to go anywhere else. seatrout fishing on water crook was pretty good as well!
I wonder if we will ever see those days again

Heard those stories mate I have only fished Kent since 2003 but have seen a rapid decline on KAA from 400 fish a year to 100 a year now if we are lucky

long Preston

Reaction score
well thats good to hear-I'm no longer a member so can't comment on recent times-my experiences admittedly are from a while ago

long Preston

Reaction score
I once counted over 100 salmon on the straight on watercrook - it was 30 years ago admittedly -they wouldnt look at a thing but the fishe were there in numbers. force falls in sept/oct used to be a sight to see-the bluemills falls at backbarrow on the leven were much the same in october/november-so many fish