River Halladale

keirstream

Reaction score
Never fished this wee gem so when an opportunity came up yesterday for 3 rods and cottage mid August
I snapped at it and secured the let.
I love the Far North and really looking forward to this season, always providing someone doesn't put a spoke
in my wheels.:(

Sunset_angler

Reaction score
Beautiful river, fished it many times.

Being a 100% spate river how much rain you get can make or break your week.

1 year in 5 you will hit it bang on and have a bonanza, and 1 year in 5 you will be touring and sunbathing. But you will always have a chance with a breeze down on beat 4 with fresh fish coming in on tides.

The chances are that going in mid August there will have been spates during July the river will be full of grilse and early mornings and late evenings hitching with a single hander is great fun.

Loxie

Reaction score
I'm meant to be going 1st week in May, depending on Wee Nicola etc. If there's no water there are some very good trout lochs in the area plus the usual estuaries etc.

wilkinson shrimp

Reaction score
Never fished this wee gem so when an opportunity came up yesterday for 3 rods and cottage mid August
I snapped at it and secured the let.
I love the Far North and really looking forward to this season, always providing someone doesn't put a spoke
in my wheels.:(
you lucky man,if the river is low the helmsdale just down the road,had some great days in the past fishing the hill lochs in forsinard

nickolas

Reaction score
Lovely little river, will be there fingers crossed end June, Reuben great ghilly if you can get hold of him, his wife does superb food. You will enjoy, as said before and I believe you know the Borgie and Naver just up the road where they can hang onto there water for longer as they have decent sized lochs at there heads.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I found a mix between a midge net, smidge and cigars see me all right, just dont attempt the cigar and midge net at the same time. 😀
I had a net on so did my young lad. He was fishing away quite happy and I couldn't understand why I was still getting feasted on.
Turned out son had a smidge midgie net and I had a mosquito net. The wee buggers were just crawling through the mesh.
Ended up with about 1000 of them trapped in the net flying around me head eating me alive :ROFLMAO:

Sunset_angler

Reaction score
I had a net on so did my young lad. He was fishing away quite happy and I couldn't understand why I was still getting feasted on.
Turned out son had a smidge midgie net and I had a mosquito net. The wee buggers were just crawling through the mesh.
Ended up with about 1000 of them trapped in the net flying around me head eating me alive :ROFLMAO:
Nothing worse than hundreds and thousands of the wee burgers in the midge net, figured out a long time ago to put the net on before I leave the car

wilkinson shrimp

Reaction score
went fishing one summer evening at talaheel loch with a white t shirt within five minutes it was pure black with the little devils

lax0341

Reaction score
What is the contact on the Halladale now to ask for fishing availability ? It‘s very long ago now that I visited this area.
Unfortunately there was a drought in that time...

Loxie

Reaction score
went fishing one summer evening at talaheel loch with a white t shirt within five minutes it was pure black with the little devils
A little bit along the coast:

D736EE0F-F5BD-4843-BB9B-01F53C79AD5E.jpeg

keirstream

Reaction score
What is the contact on the Halladale now to ask for fishing availability ? It‘s very long ago now that I visited this area.
Unfortunately there was a drought in that time...
You will find everything you need to know here.