River Fusta - Norway

Snakeroll

Reaction score
Hi All

Anyone out there got any information on the river Fusta in Norway. My understanding is it is a tributary of the river Vesfna.

Grateful for any pointers.

Regards

Steve

JirkaK

Reaction score
Hello Snakeroll,
it´s not a tributary of Vefsna, but it enters the sea at Vefsnsfjord. From the last ten years there were fish reported only in 2018 (152 salmon). So it was probably closed because of Gyrodactilus. I don´t have statistics for 2019, but the river seems to be open.

mammoth69

Reaction score
It’s not a trib - it’s is a river in it’s own right. It shares the same fjord as the Vefsna.

I’m sorry I don’t know any more than that.

If it it anything like what I’m hearing about the Vefsna; then surely you will have a good time.

The vefsna had GS & they closed the river for a number of years & killed the river with rotenone.

In 2018 they reopened the river & it was fished lightly; catches were encouraging.

Last yr catches were even more encouraging!

I know someone who went in June 2019- his party had a fantastic time catching springers - averaging 17lb & the caught & lost lots. They had so much fun they are going back for more this year.

Tickets are very easy to buy - look at scantura.no or innatur.no - they aren’t expensive & I certainly was considering a trip this summer b4 I found out about Alta.

M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gauldalen

Reaction score
Unlike the Vefsna, the Fusta, which is a lovely salmon river of its own running into the Vefsnfjord, is still under «health control» and only the lowest six kilometers (45 kilometers is the total length) are opened to salmon fishing. 3, 4 or 7 seven days fishing tickets are accessible to four zones, allowing three rods max per zone. Like the Vefsna, the salmon population seems to have recovered, but the green light for the whole river won’t be given until the last control is done in Spring 2021, to check the health of the chars populating the lakes at the top of the river. You might wish to contact Mr. Gunnar Veseth, gunnaves@online.no, who will give you the latest information as to 2019 catches, tickets costs and availability for 2020.
Worth a try in combination with a stay on the Vefsna, I think!! :thumb:

Last edited: