River Forth

Aidan Rocks

Reaction score
What's the height at craigforth. SEPA say just over 0. 8 m is that even close to being real?

Aidan Rocks

Reaction score
Yes sorry. Quite hard to see the river from Balerno. The value SEPA was giving me was from before Christmas that what I was checking as I heard it was working again. Just managed to find the real value of just over 0.5m. All good I can use it again from when I am allowed to travel again. September!!!!

johnwest

Reaction score
Yes sorry. Quite hard to see the river from Balerno. The value SEPA was giving me was from before Christmas that what I was checking as I heard it was working again. Just managed to find the real value of just over 0.5m. All good I can use it again from when I am allowed to travel again. September!!!!
Maybe a late springer if she who must be obeyed puts us into tier 2🙏

Aidan Rocks

Reaction score
I need to be tier 2 as well though. No, should be sorted by the time the fish arrive. Make do with trout till then.

D.Sul

Reaction score
New member on this forum, first season on the forth only place I can fish with these rules. Spotted a huge seal on Saturday came up a rod length infront of me, at the rowing club across from the rugby fields it went under and came back up 20m away got a quick video of it too. Is this the norm? 😂 (used to fishing small rivers or big lochs )

johnwest

Reaction score
New member on this forum, first season on the forth only place I can fish with these rules. Spotted a huge seal on Saturday came up a rod length infront of me, at the rowing club across from the rugby fields it went under and came back up 20m away got a quick video of it too. Is this the norm? 😂 (used to fishing small rivers or big lochs )
To have a decent chance most people fish above the ford at the Forth Valley College up to the limit at the mouth of the Teith see the map of the fisheries or the link to Fishing the Forth on the council fisheries FB page 😊

D.Sul

Reaction score
To have a decent chance most people fish above the ford at the Forth Valley College up to the limit at the mouth of the Teith see the map of the fisheries or the link to Fishing the Forth on the council fisheries FB page 😊
Been up a few times to the bridge fished famous spots. I'll cover as much ground as possible this season since its new to me

Aidan Rocks

Reaction score
I assume you are spinning! If you wander up to where the Allan comes in you can spin that whole area and have it much to yourself. Fish move up and down with the tide but the offices is a great pool that holds fish even with no tide.

D.Sul

Reaction score
I assume you are spinning! If you wander up to where the Allan comes in you can spin that whole area and have it much to yourself. Fish move up and down with the tide but the offices is a great pool that holds fish even with no tide.
Thanks mate ill give that a go. I don't own fly gear large enough yet . Waiting for a delivery tho 🤞

Bruino

Reaction score
Any chance of see the photo?
traps.jpeg

Bigroger

Reaction score
Not concerning the Forth fishing directly, but I've just watched a documentary on Netflix, called, Seaspiricy. Christ Almighty, this is a must watch. I don't think I will eat canned fish ever again. As for "fresh" fish..... Terrible.

Dandy angler

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with fishing, but is related to the Forth. Has anyone watched the BBC Scotland programme Roaming in the Wild ? There is one episode entitled Doon the Forth. Quite interesting, but a bit cheeky about my home town , Stirling, as if the good people who live near the Forth would steal a cannoe!!!🤔. They also picked probably the worst time to do it, storm Eric in full flow. Only got to Auld Brig in Stirling. Its a bit surreal and unexpected where it went . But I quite enjoyed it. Anyone else see it?