River Findhorn MOY Beat 2 Saturday 31 August

keirstream

Reaction score
Spare rod on above beat tomorrow. Looks like river may be running high with current rain.
Pm for details.

Mike
Anyone remotely interested should take this rod.
The river will drop quickly and should be bang on around the magic 2 ft mark.
I don't fish on Saturdays now which is not something to do with my Jewish upbringing, but more to do with the fact that Friday night is for getting rat arsed these days.:lol::lol:

clydesider

Reaction score
Anyone remotely interested should take this rod.
The river will drop quickly and should be bang on around the magic 2 ft mark.
I don't fish on Saturdays now which is not something to do with my Jewish upbringing, but more to do with the fact that Friday night is for getting rat arsed these days.:lol::lol:
Many thanks for the wee plug Tom......Left Ayr at 4am this morning, lashed down all the way, 200 miles later and river is up like a raging torrent!! Up almost 6 ft on the Shennachie guage!
Quite glad no one took the offer this time!
Good to see the Garry full to overflowing.
Mike

orchy1999

Reaction score
Saw this too late I would have bit your arm off and came along give me a shout if the opportunity ever comes up again I live on the south side of Glasgow 5 mins from the M77.

keirstream

Reaction score
Many thanks for the wee plug Tom......Left Ayr at 4am this morning, lashed down all the way, 200 miles later and river is up like a raging torrent!! Up almost 6 ft on the Shennachie guage!
Quite glad no one took the offer this time!
Good to see the Garry full to overflowing.
Mike
I noticed the water situation too, the wall of water consumed all on the way down.:help:
Years since I have fished the beat, the last time was with Robin L. and I'm sure it took us less than an hour from Stirling as my life flashed by me!!!
It was unusual then not to get fish when the water was right, 2 fantastic beats with Beat 3 my favourite. The long walk down to the Oxen was always rewarded and I never get fed up relating the story of 5 fish in 2 hours all on a full floater and all breaking the surface to take the fly.
Magical bit of water.:thumb::thumb:
Is it still producing sport??

clydesider

Reaction score
I noticed the water situation too, the wall of water consumed all on the way down.:help:
Years since I have fished the beat, the last time was with Robin L. and I'm sure it took us less than an hour from Stirling as my life flashed by me!!!
It was unusual then not to get fish when the water was right, 2 fantastic beats with Beat 3 my favourite. The long walk down to the Oxen was always rewarded and I never get fed up relating the story of 5 fish in 2 hours all on a full floater and all breaking the surface to take the fly.
Magical bit of water.:thumb::thumb:
Is it still producing sport??
We love it hence the crazy drive for a days fishing. When its on like most rivers its great sport. Beat 3 was our favourite but we have grown to like 2 as well. Good value in an overpriced market.
Mike

williegunn2

Reaction score
Saw this too late I would have bit your arm off and came along give me a shout if the opportunity ever comes up again I live on the south side of Glasgow 5 mins from the M77.

I hope he was going to bring his own lunch, I need both my arms.

larry_grayson

Reaction score
I drove up to Nairn on the Saturday in order to fish the following week and would also have snapped your hand off for a day on the Findhorn. I intend to fish it for the first time in the spring and the Nairn in the autumn.