River Findhorn 2020

Beel

Reaction score
The season got off to a cracking start on the River Findhorn today. The Forres angling association hosted its annual ceremony with a special guest putting in a brief appearance!!

84340046_328058054766674_1751616873104932864_n.jpg

The fish, caught by regular visitor, Peter Green, was estimated at 18lb and was caught in the Stoney Pool on a Dee Monkey.

Well done Pete - fantastic start to the season!!

Attachments

clydesider

Reaction score
Disappointed to learn that beat 3 on Moy is no longer available as Moy Fishings have not renewed their lease from Moray Estates. Also the bucket bridge is to be dismantled.
Beat 2 will now include the stretch of left bank from the bucket bridge down to the corner and will increase to 4 rods costing £220 in total for the day.
Any locals got more info on what has happened?
Mike

keirstream

Reaction score
Disappointed to learn that beat 3 on Moy is no longer available as Moy Fishings have not renewed their lease from Moray Estates. Also the bucket bridge is to be dismantled.
Beat 2 will now include the stretch of left bank from the bucket bridge down to the corner and will increase to 4 rods costing £220 in total for the day.
Any locals got more info on what has happened?
Mike
That's a real shame Mike, it has been a while since I sat white knuckled in Robin's car careering North at something approaching warp speed. I used to hope it was all a nightmare and I would wake up safe and well.:shocked::shocked:
Anyway, I always preferred Beat 3 when we fished there and particularly the Oxen which never seemed to let me down including one morning with 5 good fish to the floating line.
I don't see any easy way on to that bank without the bridge either.:(

Beel

Reaction score
Things are hotting up on the Findhorn at the moment with a few being reported from the Forres Angling Association water.

On Thursday 5th March, 2 fish were caught in the Dump pool, 9 & 10 lb.

On Saturday Geoff Holloway caught a fish estimated at 14 lb.
View attachment 42935

Today, Roger Dowling caught a fish measured at 37 inches and estimated around the 25 lb mark.
View attachment 42936

With good water levels and the tides building. lets hope they keep coming!!

keirstream

Reaction score
Things are hotting up on the Findhorn at the moment with a few being reported from the Forres Angling Association water.

On Thursday 5th March, 2 fish were caught in the Dump pool, 9 & 10 lb.

On Saturday Geoff Holloway caught a fish estimated at 14 lb.
View attachment 42935

Today, Roger Dowling caught a fish measured at 37 inches and estimated around the 25 lb mark.
View attachment 42936

With good water levels and the tides building. lets hope they keep coming!!
Beel, I'm not seeing any photos. Maybe it's my browser, can everyone else see them?

bankwheel

Reaction score
Beel sends his apologies for his photograph issue, here they are. Top one is Roger Dowlings 25 pounder from today and the bottom is Geoff Holloways (Conhead) 14 pounder from Saturday both stunning fish.

70cd336c-608a-47f8-aa9a-ad27c43e408f.jpgdc9b9d66-8a7a-4e45-901c-f594fc74e944.jpg

Last edited:

keirstream

Reaction score
Great to see fish like those nowadays and particularly from Association water.
Need to get up there this season.:thumb::thumb:
Well done to the lads.:)

reddie

Reaction score
Brilliant fish altogether!!

Out of interest, what is the fishing pressure like on the Association water? Excellent value for day permits on 4 miles of double bank fishing.

Also, are monthly catch numbers available for the last few years?

bankwheel

Reaction score
Brilliant fish altogether!!

Out of interest, what is the fishing pressure like on the Association water? Excellent value for day permits on 4 miles of double bank fishing.

Also, are monthly catch numbers available for the last few years?
The fishing pressure is very light at this time of year but even once we get into the later season its never busy. We also have very strict rules about taking two steps with every cast to stop people hogging the best spots. Last year we had 275 fish and the year before we had 635. The difference was that last year there was constant water helping the fish to keep on the move but in 2018 we had very low water keeping the fish with us so you can gauge it from that. I have the monthly catches and will post them at some point. A good bet is to arrange your trip with good tides (above 4M) then fish will come in on every tide.

reddie

Reaction score
The fishing pressure is very light at this time of year but even once we get into the later season its never busy. We also have very strict rules about taking two steps with every cast to stop people hogging the best spots. Last year we had 275 fish and the year before we had 635. The difference was that last year there was constant water helping the fish to keep on the move but in 2018 we had very low water keeping the fish with us so you can gauge it from that. I have the monthly catches and will post them at some point. A good bet is to arrange your trip with good tides (above 4M) then fish will come in on every tide.
That's great Bankwheel! Sounds really promising. No 2 season's the same eh! Look forward to reading monthly catches:cool:

mc andy

Reaction score
I'm sure Glyn would of forwarded this but this was defo worth sharing!

Fish estimated at 30lb from the altyre estate.

Very well done the captor!

FB_IMG_1584739196619.jpg

Last edited: