River Don 2021

Cyclops

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
I am D.... fished it last year as well, and manar a fair bit. Hoping for a good year 🤞

DCH

Donury

Reaction score
Mine arrived last week - perhaps a quick email to ADAA might be worth while?

I'll give it another couple of days Westie.
Given the weather conditions i might not be too bothered if it's late:)

Hard going last season DCH.Surely this year will be better?

If i do manage to get down a cast, the Fly rod is staying at home for the time being.
Feel more confident with the Devon at this time of year so have been looking out a few favourites.

P2060042.JPG

Donury

westie4566

Reaction score
I'll give it another couple of days Westie.
Given the weather conditions i might not be too bothered if it's late:)

Hard going last season DCH.Surely this year will be better?

If i do manage to get down a cast, the Fly rod is staying at home for the time being.
Feel more confident with the Devon at this time of year so have been looking out a few favourites.

View attachment 56715

Donury
They're nice minnows DU, d'ya mind me asking where you bought them?

westie4566

Reaction score
They were all bought many years ago Westie.
The three bigger upturned minnows came from Ronnie Irvine of Blairgowrie.The others off EBay but from whom I can't recall.

Donury
No worries DU. I really like those wee chunky ones. If The Flying Scotsman would pull his finger out and get those spinning rod blanks ready (sorry Gordon, you know I jest!!) I intend doing a bit more devon minnow work this spring. Worked well in the old days!

kenb61

Reaction score
Sitting here and temperature currently -13..... Meant to reach around -4 at lunchtime... Still manage a wee jaunt out (y)

Cyclops

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
Grue at Inverurie

F45D76E4-A94C-465C-8FB8-984749F86D70.jpeg

Attachments

• 4C04BF52-7A1E-421C-9D96-E40E4767B1D6.jpeg
    4C04BF52-7A1E-421C-9D96-E40E4767B1D6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43

kenb61

Reaction score
What a difference a day makes. Had a wee shuftie at Parkhill Bridge and so much grue coming down compared to yesterday when conditions were good. Seen some other photos of ADAA waters on the Don showing lot of grue coming down. Needless to say decided against getting the rod out, although there were a couple of hardy souls out there. Will now likely be next week before getting out.

westie4566

Reaction score
What a difference a day makes. Had a wee shuftie at Parkhill Bridge and so much grue coming down compared to yesterday when conditions were good. Seen some other photos of ADAA waters on the Don showing lot of grue coming down. Needless to say decided against getting the rod out, although there were a couple of hardy souls out there. Will now likely be next week before getting out.
One of my pals went to Parkhill for an hour - his line was frozen solid and sticking up from his Rap 😂

He posted pics on the ADAA FB page, you'll see them there.

kenb61

Reaction score
I did see that, looks like the hooks had some freezing as well o_O Did see a couple of guys at second bend down from the bridge, maybe your mate. Looks like he was at Mausoleum. Braver man than I am. It was baltic just standing blethering in the car park.

john mckenzie

Reaction score
I did see that, looks like the hooks had some freezing as well o_O Did see a couple of guys at second bend down from the bridge, maybe your mate. Looks like he was at Mausoleum. Braver man than I am. It was baltic just standing blethering in the car park.
you need to get out every morning at Parkhill Ken your now the chief scout for the Don :)

Donury

Reaction score
Although I've been an ADAA member for many years,I've never fished the upper Parkhill,North bank.
There seems to be a good flow of water below the new Bridge.
Is it worth a go there?
Any advice welcome.

Donury

SOS

Reaction score

Donury

Reaction score
Thanks for that SOS.
Will give it a go this season.I'm determined to make better use of my season ticket this year and fish as many of our beats as possible.

I'd forgotten about these beat reports.They are really good.
I don't think they are accessible on the web site.Whatever happened to them?

Donury

SOS

Reaction score
Not sure if they are on the web-site.
If you type in ADAA beat summary there are a few pdf files with beat summaries, which were compiled by John Fyfe and his late father Ian,
Loads of good information for new and old members alike.