River Dionard

keirstream

Reaction score
Just sorted out a week for 6 rods back on one of my favourite Heelan destinations.
The Dionard. Stopped going in 2016 due to several difficult booking circumstances at the time so seriously looking forward to going back.
Not only that, my pal Seeking has booked a rod so looking forward also to great craic backed up with a sh*t load of graphs.:D

nickolas

Reaction score
Just sorted out a week for 6 rods back on one of my favourite Heelan destinations.
The Dionard. Stopped going in 2016 due to several difficult booking circumstances at the time so seriously looking forward to going back.
Not only that, my pal Seeking has booked a rod so looking forward also to great craic backed up with a sh*t load of graphs.:D
Has it got new owners now, i will be round the corner at the end of August. Nice little river.

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own coun

:eek:

...And 4 years worth of overseas trips collecting (but not managing to drink em all) many litres of Islay's finest!

Hic.

What could possibly go wrong.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
This is somewhere I'd love to fish.
Is it only available for a week at a time with 6 rods?
Would love more info. I've booked the same cottage with the hot tub up Helmsdale for a week for the grilse in July but would seriously consider another week or few days as I'm not booking an over seas trip next year. Still too dodgy I think.
I think getting my pals on board if needed wouldn't be a problem either.
So how does accommodation/ permits work now? I know it all changed with the sale of the lodge.
Cheers

keirstream

Reaction score
This is somewhere I'd love to fish.
Is it only available for a week at a time with 6 rods?
Would love more info. I've booked the same cottage with the hot tub up Helmsdale for a week for the grilse in July but would seriously consider another week or few days as I'm not booking an over seas trip next year. Still too dodgy I think.
I think getting my pals on board if needed wouldn't be a problem either.
So how does accommodation/ permits work now? I know it all changed with the sale of the lodge.
Cheers

I dropped in on the Helmsdale in early July for the 1st time and was seriously impressed at the quality on offer.
I'll be heading back up there myself for a few days in July.
As far as The Dionard is concerned, it's a lovely, wild location and for that alone makes it a favourite of mine.
In time honoured spate river fishing terms, if you get water you'll get fish.
The loch is always pretty much on song if you get a favourable wind.
Duncan is a great guy too and works with you whatever your needs.
It was much better when Gualin was available with the let but Marlene has a list of local accomodations available.
I have booked a 6 bed cottage in Durness which is handy enough.
The beats are let for 2 rods and various weeks still have up to 4 beats available.
If you need contact info drop me a p.m.

Oscar

Reaction score
Lucky you. Thought it was dead men’s shoes up there, and on the Helmsdale!

Or are you a spirit?!

Oscar.

keirstream

Reaction score
Lucky you. Thought it was dead men’s shoes up there, and on the Helmsdale!

Or are you a spirit?!

Oscar.

Helmsdale still is I believe. Never been lucky enough to get an invite up there.
My life membership of the Society of the Great Unwashed has seen to that over the years.:(
However, the only spirit you need to get on the Dionard is in a bottle.
New ownership has seen swathes of previously very private owners weeks open up at the peak of the season.
If you are interested, drop me a p.m.
Tom.