river deveron in flood today

fatsalmon

Reaction score
hi all,
here's a few before and after pic's taken at turriff angling club, river level is around +20ft today, quite a sight.:eek:

bridge last year

bridge today

above bridge

above bridge today

below bridge

[/IMG]

below bridge today

river bank

river today

kingfisher

Reaction score
Worm only today lads. Get the bucket and spades out - if there is any fields left to dig them.:)

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
Spare a thought for all those you booked the best autumn beats like foreglen and are washed out..

I wonder if its up round the main fishing hut there:eek:

turriff tackle

Reaction score
I am informed that both the huts at Montcoffer have gone- including the one perched up on the Gorge. Jim the Gillie stood on the Bridge of Alvah and watched it float beneath him and then had the Gillie from below ring him to say it was floating past.

Also a tale that there was a range rover left a few beats up last night - due to the river being unfishable - other pleasures were partaken in the afternoon - and a taxi required for a lift home.
Needless to say it was not there this morning when the gentleman returned!!!!

Frank

Eminem

Reaction score
ACW are you seeing this :eek::eek::eek:
Even I might struggle to eek one out of The Lodge at that height :p

Three weeks on Monday 'til I christen the new Catapult at Muiresk. :)

butler106

Reaction score
these pics are WILD! that is one serious flood.

I think its amazing how high it can get, really cool! :D

sure its not very cool for the people who have lost huts, car etc though!!. :( :(

BJA

Reaction score
Crazy weather, listened to radio 5 live, saying that aberdeen had the most rainfall yesterday since records began BJA

ACW

Reaction score
ACW are you seeing this :eek::eek::eek:
Even I might struggle to eek one out of The Lodge at that height :p

Three weeks on Monday 'til I christen the new Catapult at Muiresk. :)[/QUOTE

Sent the thread to entire party past present and my lad (the future).
some strange comments coming back>bored in the office perhaps !
PS want some T17?????

ACW

Reaction score
T17 is the new latest fastest sinking lead core analoque line as used by the skagit jedi, I use short lengths of T14 too get my flys down that tad deeper.
Yet to try T17 .
Re the flooding ,somewhere else there are some piccys of the spey looking huge .
Looking closer to home ,the Wye is massive ,Severn might take the spinnersome time on sunday,so I guess itd garden duties or a wee stroll to the local reser for some rainbows,and with luck a brown or two !

Auld Kelt

Reaction score
Floody hell

Great pics fatsalmon thanks for posting them, reinforces the message that mother nature generally has the last word. I feel so sorry for the poor folks who are suffering once again because of the flooding.

Guess it's casting practice for me on the Tyne tomorrow unless there is an overnight drought :( but having seen the news I count myself lucky just to be missing a bit fishing.

Greenalert

Reaction score
I am informed that both the huts at Montcoffer have gone- including the one perched up on the Gorge. Jim the Gillie stood on the Bridge of Alvah and watched it float beneath him and then had the Gillie from below ring him to say it was floating past.

Also a tale that there was a range rover left a few beats up last night - due to the river being unfishable - other pleasures were partaken in the afternoon - and a taxi required for a lift home.
Needless to say it was not there this morning when the gentleman returned!!!!

Frank
Jesus Frank, the water height must have been incredible

Below are some pics of the said hut

Fatsalmon, where are the cars parked which are underwater in the picture above?

I would assume the golf course is well under as well

Picture taken from the hut at the gorge

The hut

Last edited: