River Clyde 2021

keirstream

Reaction score
So treat yourself to a couple from the oracle exp range, they are the best of the lot and you'll still have money leftover to buy a rod from Paul and possibly pick up a second hand Gaelforce from Keirstream as he will no doubt be upgrading to the new Gaelforce Graphene models due in any day now.
I'm going to give you a big double positive on that one Jock.
AYE, RIGHT.:D

Last edited:

keirstream

Reaction score
I can see it now the battle of mauldslie bridge two old codgers flinging 2inch tubes at one another ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
And-------away!!!!!!:D:D
Sneaked down to Mauldslie today for a wee shot of Mick's new Loop rod and then his Hong Kong Hughie 6 piece Nano Nano Tec rod.
Had my wee hill dug with me who watched on rather bemused at the proceedings.:)
Tried the Loop 1st along with Mick's hand me down line and it flew out like a rocket. Mighty impressed I was.(y)
But then the Hong Kong Hughie Special.
Amazing. Truly amazing for a fifty quid rod.
Picked it up for the 1st time, 2 casts off my left hand and the fly was on the far bank.:eek:
And, if Dougie was here, he would tell you.:ROFLMAO:
Anyway, here I am in action with the Loop with the Maestro in attendance.

Attachments

• Loop.jpg
    Loop.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Loop1.jpg
    Loop1.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Loop2.jpg
    Loop2.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 121

rodbender

Reaction score
Sneaked down to Mauldslie today for a wee shot of Mick's new Loop rod and then his Hong Kong Hughie 6 piece Nano Nano Tec rod.
Tried the Loop 1st along with Mick's hand me down line and it flew out like a rocket. Mighty impressed I was.(y)
Picked it up for the 1st time, 2 casts off my left hand and the fly was on the far bank.:eek:
Must just have missed you! I was down in the afternoon with my new four piece version of the same rod, what a powerhouse of a rod! the Gaelforce multi-tip sails out on it

RUSH

Reaction score
Those ยฃ50 rods are flying out the door ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™ll need to retire the wee marksman

Bruino

Reaction score
Away ye go, the waters that low you are more than half way across the river ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Mick's loop is a big improvement on the original cross S1, casts a lovely line, the "SUPER ROD" puts out a good line but not much feedback plus we where casting a 10 weight line off it. The dog looks as though it will be a good fishing companion.

rodbender

Reaction score
Away ye go, the waters that low you are more than half way across the river ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Mick's loop is a big improvement on the original cross S1, casts a lovely line, the "SUPER ROD" puts out a good line but not much feedback plus we where casting a 10 weight line off it. The dog looks as though it will be a good fishing companion.
The super duper rods lets us see what can be made for a fraction of the top brand names! a bit heavier and could do with a down locking reel seat but they can fairly fire a line out (y)

keirstream

Reaction score
John, that is a 39g head on the rod so a 9 weight---ish.
It throws a line like a bullet with very little effort.
I had my reading glasses on by mistake so I couldn't even see the other bank. Made my casting seem outstanding, must have been more than the polyleader out anyway.:p
Don't know what you mean by feedback but I had it casting a much better line than the Loop which was reduced from 20 times to a mere 10 times the price of the Hong Kong Hughie Nano Nano Tec Super Duper 50 quid luckybag version.:eek:
You guys casting 10 weights off it would be better tying a toby on the end.:ROFLMAO:
I do agree a down locking reel fitting would work much better, but 50 quid????
Come on????
Feedback????
Should it send you a report on how to improve your technique or something????
Hehehehehe.
Aye, the wee dog's coming on grand thanks. 14 weeks old yesterday and bright as a button.
Darby and Joan get their new pup tomorrow.
Watch out for sparks flying when she gets out to play in a couple of weeks time.(y)

Last edited:

keirstream

Reaction score
The super duper rods lets us see what can be made for a fraction of the top brand names! a bit heavier and could do with a down locking reel seat but they can fairly fire a line out (y)
I have to say Dougie, I was more than pleasantly surprised by that rod.
Mick had a wee system 2 reel on it but I would say with a downlocking fitting and a 7-12 Control you wouldn't notice the extra bit of weight.
The line fairly zips off the tip.:cool:

Bruino

Reaction score
John, that is a 39g head on the rod so a 9 weight---ish.
It throws a line like a bullet with very little effort.
I had my reading glasses on by mistake so I couldn't even see the other bank. Made my casting seem outstanding, must have been more than the polyleader out anyway.:p
Don't know what you mean by feedback but I had it casting a much better line than the Loop which was reduced from 20 times to a mere 10 times the price of the Hong Kong Hughie Nano Nano Tec Super Duper 50 quid luckybag version.:eek:
You guys casting 10 weights off it would be better tying a toby on the end.:ROFLMAO:
I do agree a down locking reel fitting would work much better, but 50 quid????
Come on????
Feedback????
Should it send you a report on how to improve your technique or something????
Hehehehehe.
Aye, the wee dog's coming on grand thanks. 14 weeks old yesterday and bright as a button.
Darby and Joan get their new pup tomorrow.
Watch out for sparks flying when she gets out to play in a couple of weeks time.(y)
We must have been casting the same line 38-39g thought that was a 10, the rod can certainly put out a good line and as you say for the price would be very hard to beat.

keirstream

Reaction score
We must have been casting the same line 38-39g thought that was a 10, the rod can certainly put out a good line and as you say for the price would be very hard to beat.
The real acid test is, how does it handle a good fish? As you have already said, the Loop is a big improvement on the original 14ft S1 which had an awful flat spot and failed that acid test. (caveat I.M.O.)
Both rods, as nice as they are to cast, would have to pass that test to receive the full stamp of approval but, somehow, I don't see it as being an issue.(y)

rodbender

Reaction score
I am sure it will pass! I gave it a good bend when I was stretching my running line round the "Mauldslie rod rack" :D

Bruino

Reaction score
No fish caught ??
Only one confirmed springer so far caught on Mid Clyde and a suspected farm fish. The water level is really low just now with little rain forecast so can imagine little chance of fish entering the river until we get a good flush of water.

RUSH

Reaction score
Only one confirmed springer so far caught on Mid Clyde and a suspected farm fish. The water level is really low just now with little rain forecast so can imagine little chance of fish entering the river until we get a good flush of water.
Theyโ€™ll be there John time and effort mate Iโ€™ll be down at some stage this week

Craigk670

Reaction score