River Clyde 2021

keirstream

Reaction score
i purchased a ticket for midclyde this season, any other decent places to fish apart from blantyre weir, i heard it can be a bit like blackpool at times
Can't help you S.S. I don't fish there.
1st fish caught this morning I hear which is pretty early.
Good sign though!!!! (y)

Reaction score
Tried it on phone , tablet , and laptop.
‘All the same.
‘Map of North Africa.
Try this Brian

ibm59

Reaction score
Try this Brian
That tells me that I have to be a member to view it 😳

BAF581AD-5B48-4101-90E9-4EF3A393A25D.png

Finglas

Reaction score
I stay really close to the Clyde but have not fished it since I was a kid. It wasn't the cleanest then, talking maybe 15 years ago. Has it improved much?

Plus I'm often told about the potential for trouble when out on the river. Do you think someone could fish say UCAPA reasonably content they won't run into much trouble?
I've always liked the idea of giving it a go since it is basically on the doorstep so it would be handy!

(I know I could fish Lamington or some of the other upper reaches for trout without any concerns but I'm talking about salmon fishing further downstream).

Bruino

Reaction score
I stay really close to the Clyde but have not fished it since I was a kid. It wasn't the cleanest then, talking maybe 15 years ago. Has it improved much?

Plus I'm often told about the potential for trouble when out on the river. Do you think someone could fish say UCAPA reasonably content they won't run into much trouble?
I've always liked the idea of giving it a go since it is basically on the doorstep so it would be handy!

(I know I could fish Lamington or some of the other upper reaches for trout without any concerns but I'm talking about salmon fishing further downstream).
I have fished the Clyde for salmon for around 8-10years both UCAPA and Mid Clyde and like you heard all the tales of it having a reputation for trouble, in all the time I have fished have not seen any instances of trouble can be a bit busy at times in certain areas. If anything have found the vast majority of people really friendly and helpful.

Last edited:

Finglas

Reaction score
Fished the Clyde for 35 years never had any trouble jamie 👍 if you fancy giving it a go give me a shout I'll show you around a bit

Thanks very much Arnold, I'll definitely be back in touch regarding that....very kind of you to offer. Was down at the David Livingstone bridge last year and saw a chap catching a wee grilse directly below us, looked great birds eye view of the line tightening.

Thanks again.

jamie

keirstream

Reaction score
I hear that Mick and Paul are testing a prototype rod on the river.
They tell me it's a cracker. Anybody get a cast with it?

RUSH

Reaction score
Depends if he's spinning or fishing the gentlemens wa
There’s a few comedians on here 😁😂😂😂 hello Tom you’ve obviously been talking to mick 😉 😂😂 ive cast worse the pair of chancers wouldn’t tell me anything 😂😂 mick wouldn’t even say the weight of his homemade line 🙈 maybe he didn’t know 😂😂 Paul’s was a 10/11 afs both went well on it at decent enough rod whatever it was

keirstream

Reaction score
There’s a few comedians on here 😁😂😂😂 hello Tom you’ve obviously been talking to mick 😉 😂😂 ive cast worse the pair of chancers wouldn’t tell me anything 😂😂 mick wouldn’t even say the weight of his homemade line 🙈 maybe he didn’t know 😂😂 Paul’s was a 10/11 afs both went well on it at decent enough rod whatever it was
I'm sworn to secrecy on the rod but I can tell you the line was one of my old Gaelforce integrated heads with the damaged running line cut off.
The 39g head to be exact.
Paul is thinking of selling the rods at £200 each, making a small profit on his investment.
It's nano technology.
What do you think? Would it sell?

RUSH

Reaction score
I'm sworn to secrecy on the rod but I can tell you the line was one of my old Gaelforce integrated heads with the damaged running line cut off.
Paul is thinking of selling the rods at £200 each, making a small profit on his investment.
It's nano technology.
I couldn’t fault it Tom wasn’t keen on the handle a bit thin for my liking but that just a personal preference it put both heads out well, I think if people tried the rod he might sell a few easy to get on with first casts I’ve had since last October off my lhs as well no problems

rodbender

Reaction score
It's nano technology.
I had an hour today with this rod I put my Gaelforce multi tip on it and was seeing the backing on most casts! a very powerful rod (y)