ripped to pieces

speycaster

Reaction score
well hasnt my night mare year just got better, if it wasnt bad enough losing my wife to a mistake during a heart transplant last june, it gets better my eldest son has just had a cardiac arrest [32] years old thankfully he survived but under went a five hour operation and is still very poorly but should be allright i only went back to my fishing twoo weeks ago and now i have to have a new knee next week so there is another end to my fishing it makes you wonder sometimes dosent it

flyvirgin

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your situation Speycaster, reading it certainly puts things in perspective. I hope all gets better for you and your family sooner than later.

SALMON RUSHDIE

Reaction score
Your lad is young enough to bounce back from that with no recurrence hopefully as for yourself it could have been both knees so you have still one good one to get yourself to the river bank by the middle of September as has already been said keep yer chin up your family's luck will change for the better shortly hopefully and I hope you get a speedy recovery with the leg tight lines Craig

smokie999

Reaction score
just had my left knee done and as soon as that is something like healed I will be back for the right one doing so no fishing for me for a while

Last edited:

speycaster

Reaction score
thanks for the kind comments guys ,i too have to have both knees done but it will be nice to have a least one good en for the time being lol

Aled

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your troubbles, hope things work out OK,
On the plus side my Mother in Law had a knee op last year, and her quality of life has improved greatly.
Tight Lines
Aled

tenet

Reaction score
A good tip, from one who has had a replacement right knee and will need a new left knee in the not to distant future, is to get an exercise bike to help with the physio. It is sooooooooooo important to get in excess of 100degree bend in the knee and preferably 120 deg plus. By raising or lowering the saddle you can gradually increase the amount you need to bend the knee - it will hurt at first but you have to go thru this. Trust me if you want to walk without a limp work overtime on the Physio.

Good luck with the op.

Tenet

smokie999

Reaction score
thanks for the kind comments guys ,i too have to have both knees done but it will be nice to have a least one good en for the time being lol
its been 4weeks now since I had mine done and I am still having trouble sleeping,cannot get comfy in any position .How are you finding it